A question and a tip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Okay, so my family is pretty into juicing, so I have a question and a tip to do with that.

Question: Can bunnies eat wheatgrass?

Tip: If you make a juice that has bunny safe veggies, instead of just throwing away the pulp, I use it as a 'base' in my batter of bunny cookies. You have to add something moist of course, as it is really dry.

Yes, bunnies can eat wheatgrass and mine LOVE it!!!!! They think it's a HUGE treat! They can also eat oat grass!

yup yup, wheat and oat grass - both a big hit in this house too!

Nad

bunny1012.jpg

Tony loves it, but I've had a hard time growing it from seed without it getting all moldy. Do you have tips on growing it?

Watch how much water you give it.. when I grow mine, I don't water it to often or else I get those dreaded mouldy seeds too!

Hey guys where do you get the seeds to grow this grass and where can you buy the actual wheat & oat grass?

Susan:?

I feed my guys oat grass, haven't seen wheat grass!

Sometimes you can find them in little containers by the name of Cat Grass (just oat grass) in pet stores. You can also find the kits to grow your own sometimes at pet stores too.

I just bought a bag of oat seeds at my feed store and grew my own though! :D

Susan, if you google it, im sure you'll come up with some places :).

My parents get 50 pounds of orgainc wheatgrass at a time. It grows SO fast. You litterally plant it, and two days later it's like a forrest, ahah!

Oh- and tested it out on my guys, and only Phinn will eat it. Haha, but he LOVES it :).

ETA: they order it off the internet, didn't know if I made that clear :p.

I bought the seeds in bulk from Whole Foods as "Red Wheat Berries" or something like that (for wheatgrass of course). They're popular in the health food movement, so health food-type stores usually sell the seed.

i'd like to try growing my own wheatgrass! i've seen them on sale around here.. but once the rabbit eats it, will it grow back again? if it does, will it take a long time to grow?

Latest posts

Back