A "bump" on my rescue bun's nose.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
My little rescue boy has a "bump" on top of his nose that I'm a bit concerned about. I showed it to my mom and she says it looks like a scratch. It's raised and slightly red, but it doesn't seem to deter him from acting seemingly normal. I did take a look closely at it and tried to touch it, but he wasn't thrilled with being on his back. I don't necessarily want to stress him out by poking and prodding him. He doesn't seem bothered when I touch it aside from normal annoyance. I can't take a picture tonight, but maybe tomorrow I'll be able to snap a pic of his nose area.

Is this something I should be really concerned about? I debated on putting some neosporin on the scratch, but it really doesn't seem to bother him and it doesn't look bad really at all. Ugh! I'm a nervous mother hen.

Please remind me it's nothing and to take a chill pill.

Aww...Sweetie...relax for a moment...

It's natural to be worried for a newly rescued bun...so you're okay to worry! :)

About the scratch/bump...don't worry...just take a picture tomorrow and post it for us. Does it look like it's open at all? Any blood? Where on the nose is it?

Try to stay calm...the calmer you are, the more calm he'll be, too...

:hug: It'll be okay, Hun...:)

I know I'm a total worrier. It's definitely something I need to work on. Thanks for the reminder, Rosie.

It's on the lower portion of his nose - near the nostrils, but above them. It's on the left hand side. It doesn't look open at all, but it slightly red. I didn't even notice it at first and it's certainly not very big. And, like I said, he doesn't seem overly bothered by it. It honestly looks like a small bump, but on closer inspection does seem like it was a scratch. There's no blood that I can see.

I'm sure he's fine and I will try to post a pic tomorrow. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop...as usual. And I need to accept that sometimes good things can be followed up by more good things :). It's a process.

Thanks again. I will be working on being calm - both for me and for Potter.

Maybe it's a scar too. I mean clearly this lady didn't care if the rabbit lived or died in the last year. I'm sure he'll have all kinds of marks on him that were never seen by the mere light of the vets office, you know? Poor little boy...he is so beautiful too! He's so lucky to have you and your friend to rescue him (specially you though since he is living in your home and won you over so fast!). Be careful...his devil horns will come out once he has settled in and knows you'll never let him go! :)

Tracy

It's probably a just scar. I have a buck with a bump on his nose exactly like you are describing that was caused by a bite on the nose. Doesn't bother him at all, just makes his nose look a bit funny. :)

I was finally able to get a picture of Potter's nose. I took a really good look at it today and it is definitely a cut. But I can't really tell if it's old or new. There's no blood and it's only slightly red. What do you think?

PottersNose.jpg

I know the picture's not that clear, but it's the best I could do. I suppose it's better than nothing. I'm not as worried today, but I'd still like any opinions and I'll certainly keep an eye on it.

Awww, looks like he got a little cut on his nose. It seems to be healing well, I wouldn't be too worried.

Zeke has a similar scar on his nose. I'm not sure how he got it, I just noticed it one day. He never had any adverse effects from it.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back