A brace for Pancho?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panchomaha

Reaction score
I was away for a year and Pancho was cared for by a rabbit owning friend. It appears that Pancho's leg was broken and it healed poorly. He falls over easily and has difficulty walking. Does anyone have any suggestions for material for a brace (and where I might buy the material.) Pancho is 7 years old. He eats well and evacuates well. He can hop around when I place him upright. He doesn't seem to be in pain.

I would suggest that you have him evaluted by a vet before you do anything on your own.

Iam so sorry that something like this occurred while you were gone :(

Does he appear to be in pain?

He's not in pain and he can hop around if he is set upright but he falls over if he's not assisted.

angieluv,

Thanks for your attention. Tokk Pancho to the vet and he is paralyzed . The paralaysis has gone to the other leg as well and the vet says his loer spine is degenerating and there's no cure. Since he's not in pain and the intake and outgo is working well, we're going to work on a wheelie harness for him.

Wonderful !!!

I also know there is a webdite for disabled rabbits that may help you and your vet in addition to our website.
I will try to find the link.

One of the vet clinics here made a little cart on wheels for a paralyzed cat and the cat lives at the vet clinic and does very well. :)
Please keep us updated

If you search for posts made by TreasuredFriend, you may find some of her links where she had a couple different carts made for a bunny that has no hind leg mobility. I have heard of ones made by DoggonWheels, and also PVC piping.

Latest posts

Back