8 day old bunnies PICS *

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat70

Reaction score
Here is my litter of bunnies age 8 days old today.

This is the biggest of the litter .He/she is a real Fattie

Here are some of them asleep.

Any idea on what i would call this colour ?

Mum is Blue dad is White .I have 5 blue and two are this colour sort of a Blue/white colour .They are purebred buns both bred the same breed.

Hi there are so many different Blue colours .I will put a pic on in a few days as their fur is just changing colour .Im waiting to see eye colour as dad has part blue eyes .

It's hard to tell from the photos (the babies look black to me). If the one with the white belly appears to be bluish in body color, I'd agree that it's probably a blue otter. If it's getting gold ticking over the back, opal.

Pam

I don't think that the tan pattern is common in the Flemish gene pool in the UK. That would make it more likely to be an agouti color such as opal if the baby is blue right now.

In the photo, it looks like that baby isn't solid blue over the back, there does appear to be a little ticking coming in. Have you noticed a change in color at all or any tannish color coming in at the nape of the neck?

Pam

hi,

not as yet.I have two this colour , they are a darker blue than the others.I will try to take a photo tonight of them and post. One has just opened its eyes today ! they are brown.Wasnt sure whether they would be blue.As dad has pale blue outside his eyes with pink iris.Dad was from a litter of BEW but the only one without full blue eyes hence why i got him.

pamnock wrote:
I don't think that the tan pattern is common in the Flemish gene pool in the UK. That would make it more likely to be an agouti color such as opal if the baby is blue right now.

In the photo, it looks like that baby isn't solid blue over the back, there does appear to be a little ticking coming in. Have you noticed a change in color at all or any tannish color coming in at the nape of the neck?

Pam
Pam, I would venture to agree with Opal... if you click on the last picture to view it full size... it appears that there is the Fawn coloring coming in at the nostrils and jaw line.

~Sunshine

Hi,

Just took some photo's of the two .Hope these are clearer.

Ive took a photo of his belly too to show you the colour.I havnt sen a giant this colour before you see.

He has a white belly with a little gingery tan colour then dark blue?

you can see his eyes as there is a circle of lighter colour round them.

He's a gorgeous colour !

Latest posts

Back