49 out of 50 states have snow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im beginning to think 'global warming' is a complete misnomer. perhaps 'climate change' is better.

recently i was going through a 'in my day' moment with the kids concerning squirrels. when i was young they hibernated during the winter, now they dont - in devon at least. apparently it's due to climate change.

think i may have gone off-thread! sorry, i've been sewing and baking - think my brains' a bit addled:p

Um, California is not dusted with snow. Neither is Oregon, and Washington. Unless you go to the mountains, and high enough.
Vancouver, where they are having the "winter" olympics, had to import and make artificial snow to cover ski runs. They are having temperatures well above the norm.

I wish all those people would stop using the snow in the east (and lying about it!) to blast "global warming". You guys are just having a bad winter, due to GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE.

Hazel-Mom wrote:
Um, California is not dusted with snow. Neither is Oregon, and Washington. Unless you go to the mountains, and high enough.
Vancouver, where they are having the "winter" olympics, had to import and make artificial snow to cover ski runs. They are having temperatures well above the norm.

I wish all those people would stop using the snow in the east (and lying about it!) to blast "global warming". You guys are just having a bad winter, due to GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE.
Ummm....sorry! I meant for this to be a light-hearted thread. No controversy intended.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY we 'MIGHT' get a cm or two this week! Woohooo!

Note the sarcasm...

My last Canadian winter and what do I get??? Nothing :grumpy:The sidewalks are dry :tears2:There's 'some' snow but that's from the ONE snowfall we got in december and I wasn't even here.

This sucks...

Lol. Plus, I find it absolutely hilarious that they had to truck snow to the Olympics...

Hazel-Mom wrote:

I heard Washington had a big snow storm ?

That's pretty awesome that snow covers part of every state except one. I know here in California we actually have a good amount, above normal than what we've been seeing in past years. You just need to drive to high enough elevations, which for me isn't far! In December we got the heaviest snowfall in nearly 20 years; up to 8 inches and we are at around 1000 ft elevation in Northern California.

DSCF0009.jpg

We definitely have some, but not too much, snow in Ithaca.

One of Ithaca's famous gorges.
5bu5pw.jpg

Two of the beef heifer's my block & bridle club is halterbreaking out in the snow. Don't worry, they have a barn they go into where their feed is, but I startled them by showing up with food and they scampered out here.
2lbcc3p.jpg

Brandy456 wrote:
Hazel-Mom wrote:

Uhm...?? No. lol. We have lots of rain, but no snow except in the mountains. ;) I wish we had snow, though. lol. Washington DC had a snow storm... but not Washington State.

And yes, this is global climate change, not global warming. Some places are getting colder while others are getting hotter. The polar icecaps melting will cause the currents in the ocean to change from hot to cold/cold to hot and that is going to bring different types of weather to different regions of the world.

Emily

:yeahthat:

Also, although some regions are seeing much more snow than usual, the general, global, trend is towards warming. January 2010 was GLOBALLY, not locally, the warmest January on record. It was also the 3rd warmest month in general (that is all since the start of such record keeping, of course).
And because the atmosphere is warmer, there is more evaporation, thus more water in the air, thus more snow in winter. The snow is going further south and east than normal, because the jetstream has been shifted that way.

You people in the east and south are just unlucky (or lucky!) enough to live where the storms are being blown right now.
In the west on the other hand we'd be happy to have some more rain and snow. Our reservoirs are still well below capacity, and we're still in a drought period. Hopefully the slightly heavier snowfall we had this winter will bring some relief.

The snow is pretty, but the drive is ugly, lol. I really get very anxious about snow at this point in my life, but it's still a pretty sight.

My bunnies really have no desire for a picture in the snow. I tried, a couple years ago. They have no interest in it!

As far as global warming goes, I don't see how anyone can say humans haven't caused damage to the planet, more than any other life-form.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Brandy456 wrote:
Hazel-Mom wrote:

Uhm...?? No. lol. We have lots of rain, but no snow except in the mountains. ;) I wish we had snow, though. lol. Washington DC had a snow storm... but not Washington State.

And yes, this is global climate change, not global warming. Some places are getting colder while others are getting hotter. The polar icecaps melting will cause the currents in the ocean to change from hot to cold/cold to hot and that is going to bring different types of weather to different regions of the world.

Emily
Hey i'm Canadian, it's all the same to me ;)

Back