4-H Fair Results and happenings......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
It's HOT! I'm so glad we didn't take Tony! The horses are ok, they have fans..... same with the ewes.

Luke got a red ribbon on his rabbit poster (of course he took about 20 min to do it :?so he deserved that)...

Lexi got a blue on her painted bird house.

She also got a reserve champion on her rabbit poster - it was on Pasteurella! cool huh?

I'll update when we have show placements. I'm going for a nap right now LOL!

A ribbon is a ribbon my son says.. better than empty handed..lol

Congrats to Lexi...

Glad Tony is at home.

Fair's make me cranky..ima fat girl, we don't like heat...

We need PICS!

Exactly! and a judge is only paid for their opinion on some things!

Now, we haven't had any shows....... that's all starting tomorrow. Today we were thankful that we didn't take Tony as well...... it was rabbit show day. There are 4 pals there this year... that ticked me off since there were none last year. Three Thriantas and tons of others. I found a doe who loved me...... a big castor rex...... :hearts:

Diesel is going to Nanna's house for the weekend. No time for a tiny kitten for the next couple of days. LOL! Lucky them! He's in full rotten mode now! :p

THANK GOD we didn't take Tony to the fair! There was a big New Zealand that died yesterday from the heat and they've had a couple of cases of weepy eye.

One of Lexi's best friends grand championed with her mini-lop! :)

I just got home. I had to bathe, band, clip, work, feed, etc.... and the kids did their share also! I'm exhausted and the horse shows start tomorrow...... Sheep are sunday.

Uhhhh I'm tired. Tonight is the auction, yesterday was Versitilty and the Supreme Show (my neighbor went in and a friend from the horse barn - long story regarding Luke's shows) and we brought the horses home today.

They lost a bunny this year but not from heat (it got caught in something in the cage)... and a pig died from heat.

There were SEVEN Palominos listed for this week but we didn't go and I only saw 4 there...... which is wild since we didn't have any last year. There were 3 thriantas too.

Nethie babies were trying to convince me to steal them! :shock:

Omg if a NZW died, I'm SO glad you didn't take (my) Tony in the end! :shock: Poor bunny! :( I have to say I don't know much at all about the whole 4H, show and fair scene etc, but it does sound very busy!

Those Nethie babies are right you know, they make a lot of sense! STEAL THEM!!! :biggrin2:

Wow! how hot is it down there? I love fair! Even if I am tired in the end! My fair is next week and I am dead excited!!!!!

You'll have to keep us posted when you can!

What they do, Jen, is work on various projects all year and then at fair they display them in different ways. Lexi and Luke did posters for rabbits. Lexi made a birdhouse (actually painted a premade one) and then Luke took sheep to show and they both took horses. They enter the animals in different show classes and get judged on ALL of their entries (posters, animals, etc)

Lexi got 2 third place ribbons and 1 sixth in horses, and Luke got an 8th and a 4th place. They had a LOT of competition, pokie wasn't doing her best, and Dakota didn't do wonderfully. Luke got ejected for the "wrong attire" in the class he grand championed in last year (and wore the same outfit)... judges are so different sometimes.

All in all they were very pleased, did well and best of all - the horse barn was AWESOME this year! We didn't have any of the stress, or nasty attitudes really. One whole barn didn't stall but came in for the day instead and that made the whole area so much better (the manager of that barn is a jerk!) As hot as it was (93° F with a heat index of 102+) we didn't mind it much. I do have sun poisoning on the back of my arms and just above my shoulder blades. Something happened to my sunscreen that was in my trailer!

I had to work this morning and I am really tired but tomorrow I can start getting things back to normal! My house is freaking crazy!

Woah Luke got DQ'd for wrong attire? That's strange. Sounds a little harsh - they're not that harsh on the 4-H horse kids at my fair. You just have to wear the proper things for english/western, not certain attire, etc.

I hope you're taking pictures! :)

Emily

Well, he grand championed last year wearing the same thing only muck boots and not real English ones. There was a trainer in the midst that wanted her student (and there aren't supposed to be trainers around) to win so she started a big stink outside the arena...... it's so stupid! The girl did win and went to Supreme and she looked like Paris Hilton trying to show pigs, sheep, cows, etc. It was a joke!

Back