4 day old kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethcookie

Reaction score
Lily had 6 kits on the 20th. They areall doing great! They seem to be quite fat. Threeof them are slower getting hair and it is shapped different.Anyone know why? This is a photo of them when theywere first born.

Totally edited by Peg to read...

They look like lionheads now that I've had a chance to look at thephotos. I'm assuming that some of them are "double mane" while othersmight be "single mane" (I can't see them that well).

A double-mane lionhead means that it gets the mane gene from eachparent - and the flanks and areas on the head and neck will take longerto get fur. A single-mane lionhead only got the gene from one parentand their fur will come in like other rabbits pretty much.

I have some double manes that keep their mane into adulthood - somedon't. I also have single-manes that have kept their manes intoadulthood - and others that haven't. A lot of it depends upon thebloodlines and genes and lionhead breeders are still working to developlines that will keep their manes.

And I'm sure that is a LOT more than you wanted to know.

Peg

They are growing so fast. They nowjump, run and leap. They are drinking water from the waterbottle and eating pellets. Now if they were only litter boxtrained like mom. In these photos they are 2 weeks and 6 daysold.

dcp_4710.jpg
dcp_4723.jpg
dcp_4724.jpg
dcp_4725.jpg
dcp_4727.jpg
dcp_4729.jpg

aww there beautiful!
i love baby bunnys, one of my rexs is due today she just built a nest and pulled fur,
its her first litter so i think il prob end up staying up till she kindles just in case she has trouble. :bunnynurse:

Soooooooo cute!I remember a time mine were thatlittle!!So long ago...they're so sweet and innocent at that age!Butthey are really adorable!I thought about "making" Simba a lionhead.AllI would have to do is trim his body,hehe. (he is a french angora!)Ithink the lionheads are really cool.Has ARBA made them part of therabbit show industry??

Has anyone else had kits that could jump out ofa 14" cage fence at 3 weeks old? Ducky is always jumping outof his cage to follow mommy everywhere. The others have neverjumped out. I can't close the top because then mommy can'tget in and out. She is a house rabbit and not used to beinglocked up. That is why I built her the new condo to get usedto being locked up at times. The babies still stay in her oldcage beside hers. She jumps back in to nurse them asneeded. Of course Ducky eats on demand since he is alwayswith her.

I can't see your pictures! It's just little red xs!

About the jumping, Ebony was always doing that! She jumped 75cm when she was about 6 weeks!!!:shock:

Michaela:brownbunny

And all this time I thought my photos worked. Anyway, here they are again. i hope it works this time.

Raffiel

Zeus

PJ

dcp4772ti6.jpg

Edwin

d

Ducky
dcp4795vm9.jpg

Ducky

kk

dcp4772gc3.jpg

The new condo for mother Lily

dcp4762co3.jpg
dcp4763kk1.jpg

I ADORE Edwin and I love the condo you've built. That's great that mama can get away from her babies.

I give my mamas a break sometimes during the day by letting them playoutside of the cage for a couple of hours. (Pow Wow now triesto hide when I go to pick her up and put her back in - unless she wantsto nurse...then she lets me get her easily).

My babies are at the age where its "Mama...I want a drink..." and "MamaI want to crawl all over you" and the mamas are going crazy. So I likethe condo 'cause it gives mama a break!

Peg

Latest posts

Back