2nd bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alicia

Reaction score
hey all...guess what..i am adding a 2nd bunny!..im nuts i know..im not making any progress with dixie and even if a2nd one doesnt pull her out of her shell i still love her. I am gettinga buck..havent found any at shelters that have drawn me so im gonna gowith a good breeder...there is a show this weekend...sigh...i am gonnatry going...lol..gives me a week to make a new BIG cage and clean myroom lol...i am set on a lop...just cant decide between a holland or amini...any ideas? ive been trying to figure out which are more(usually..there always the odd ones)...loveable,laidback,snuggleable,friendly,funny..etc....i cant belive my parentsagreed.lol..guess they have been listening to me complain how dixieseems so lonely (i try playing with her) and she has toys..so will seehow a 2nd one will do to her..anyways..wish me luck lol

Good luck on that and i hope your second bunny isfriendlier,if you get an adult buck you will know what the personalitiyis and there wont be any surprises later.bluebird

Good luck searching fora new bunny. Mynewest rabbit is roger. He was two and came from a shelter. He is a lopof some sort. i need to post a better picture of him. He is prettyfriendly. Loves to cuddle. but yesterday i didnt want thecuddle session to end and tried to keep him on me and a few mins laterhe pee'd on me.

Cristy

We have a holland lop, she will be six months oldin a few days, and we love her bunches. She seems to have agood personality, but is VERY cage territorial you could lose a fingerwhen you go in her cage, even if it is to feed her or changer herlitter pan, but outside of her cage...SWEET as can be! she isnot a lap bunny, way to busy for that, but she will hop around for awhile then come and visit for a while and then hop away again. She hasnever bitten anyone while outside her cage. Litter trainingher was a breeze. She was three months old when we got herand not trained and just within a few days she was littertrained wtihvery little effort on our part. We love the holland lops andwould like to one day get a french lop too! Tracy

I have Hollands, and they are the sweetestthings. But the buck runs and hides when he sees me--because I had totreat his poor nose for allergies and he's permanently mad at me. So Ithink most bucks are different.

The girls are incredibly nice. Izzy is just wonderful, the most perfectbunny one could ask for. Her daughter is a little odd but very loving.

Go for the Hollands!!! :)

Rose

Supposedly lops are more docile and laid back...so I was told anyway. I'm sure there are many lops on herethat are far from docile! LOL :D

Definately get an adult buck though, he'll probably have been neuteredalready (one less cost to think about) and you'll be able to see whatkind of rabbit he is. Our Rex is the most friendly bunny I'veever met (I've had 13 now) and is very much a 'people person', but youcan't guarantee it in any breed I suppose.

Good luck with the new bun! :)

Latest posts

Back