25 lbs of food, 60 lbs of litter, a bale of hay...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aina

Reaction score
All for two rabbits, who weight 14 lbs together. Maybe I should just get more rabbits, then it would be gone sooner. I still want a rex, dwarf, holand lop, lionhead, flemmish, ect. But there is still a space problem. Maybe I can foster. I could probably handle one more rabbit in my room if my parents would let me...

Anyways, I am wondering how to store a bale of hay outside without it getting moldy. And I live in almost Flordia, so it is really humid here, and it rains a lot. I would have gotten less hay, but I paid less for it than for a small bag of timothy hay.

I bought a big Rubbermaid deck bin to store my hay in. So far it's worked well, hasn't leaked when it rained. I've only had it for about a month, so I haven't had the chance to really test it. Here's a link to what I have: http://rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd100689

As for food, I use a 40 litre bin and store it inside. I also use the same size for my wood pellets. This one is the right size: http://rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd150021

I also use a flip top rubber maid bin to store hay in the house so it's easy to give hay to the buns easily. This one:http://rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd100182

It's easy to stack all the bins on top of each other for storage.

Hope I could give you some ideas...

--Dawn

Thanks :) I will probably look and see if I can get something. I really do need to put all my rabbit stuff in containers, right now they are just in cardboard boxes, lol. I do have a container for their food, but it only holds about half of it so I have to leave the other half in the bag.

Ibuy my hay by the bales as it is much cheaper than buing it in bags fromt the petstore. A friend of mine got me a wooden pallet from work and I stack the hay on it in my garage then I cover it with a plastic tarp to keep it clean. I have a large rubbermaid bin that I use in the house to keep hay in and then refill from the garage as needed.

My pellets and hay cubes are in the house in another rubbermaid bin.

juicyjuicee wrote:
I'm pretty sure the only solution to your problem is to get more bunnies.

:pinkelepht: Ow yes I think that is the only way too.......

More bunnies less food to store....Hummmm but then again it goes faster witch means more trips to the pet store.....and I sure do love the pet store and it sure does love my $$$$$$$$

Yeah, we use a Rubbermaid bin for Butter's hay, too :) Really useful things~
Buuut....If I were anywhere near a farm-animal supply store, I'd definitely buy it by the bale instead of going to the pet store and buying those big $8 bags that eat your money faster than if it was dipped in gravy and fed to rabid poodles... :?

Yup, I have to get more bunnies.:) Better go tell the parents that. As if they didn't already think my room was taken over with animal stuff. I have been slowly getting rid of furniture so I can fit more rabbits stuff. So much for it being my room, lol.

I got may hay from my horseback riding teacher as I don't know where the feed store is. It only cost $7, so lots cheaper than normal hay from a pet store. They seem to like it.

Latest posts

Back