2 and 2 may be 3 and 1

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaplinaus

Reaction score
Apple and Oliver are out upstairs bunnies. Oliver is always chasing Apple and in her business and seems to be very dominant with her. He'll nudge her and try to hang with her, but she'd rather be by herself. He's nipped at her a couple times, and my gut just tells me that she's very annoyed and doesn't want to be with him. They snuggle sometimes, but then she'll move and he chases after her.

Our downstairs bunnies are very laid back. I've put Apple and the downstairs bunnies in the tub and they just hang out. They aren't really scared of the tub. Apple hangs out they sniff each other then pretty much leave each other alone.

My worry is with Oliver. I feel bad leaving him to be the only bunny upstairs. Of course I think that he did come the Humane Society in a small cage, but now has a wonderful life with free reign of the bunny proof upstairs. He'll have us to play with, but no bunny buddy. Perhaps he's just not meant to hang with other bunnies.

Another thing that we've noticed is that when she came to us she was about six months old and she was all black with a little Harry Potter white on her forehead. Now she has light brown spots, could this be anxiety or just the shedding of baby fur?

You said Apple like to be by her lonesome, And Oliver is very clinggy to her..he seems to want attention. Maybe if you put Oliver with the Downstair bun's so he can have other buns to hang around with and she will be by herself.

And the mark, It's probably just shedding. Bun are known to bull out thier fur when having Anxiety attacks, It's on her forhead so it's probably just shedding.

It sounds to me like Oliver really wants someBUN to play with and Apple just may not be the right fit. I agree with Brandy try him with the downstairs crew and see how they get along.

Latest posts

Back