1 Year Old Neutered Male Peeing on Bed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chambi

Reaction score
Chambi just turned 1. He was neutered at about 5 months and has had free run since then and very good litter habbits.

Over the last couple weeks he started peeing on the bed and couch. It has been 4-5 times already.

We live in a small apartment and he has access to the bedroom and living room at all times. He has a pen in the living room and a cage in the bedroom, both are open for him at all times.

He was happily using the litter box in the bedroom for 90% and occasionally the one in his pen.

He is not acting sick in anyway.

He also likes to pee and poop right outside his litterbox in his pen. We put an extra litterbox there and he still likes to go just outside it.

He still uses the bedroom litterbox for the majority of his business and never makes a mess near that box.

We don't want him peeing on the bed, what should we do? He jumps up there and gives me kisses and is so loving and good otherwise.

When we do find some pee we clean it up right away so there is no smell left. If we catch him we say no and put him in his litterbox.

He had alot of excitement the past few weeks getting Christmas presents, he got a new cardboard cottage he loves, he never pees or poops in it and spends most of his time there now.

Also he seems to be only peeing on my boyfriends side of the bed. He works from home and spends lots of time with Chambi, they get along great, tons of affection. I don't think he is saying he is mad at him but maybe marking his territory over another male? I thought this was never a problem after neutering?

Unfortunately, this is pretty common. I think you just need to block him from these areas (which can be a pain) or cover them with a plastic cloth while you're not there to supervise. Peeing in strange places can be the mark of a UTI, but in this case he's peeing in the classic places that bunnies like to pee best.

Latest posts

Back