1 step forward 2 steps back!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul2641

Reaction score
I went out just a few minutes ago to say good night to the rabbits as I normally do, Well as usual I went to Suki and Sebastian's hutch first, So very oddly Sebastian came up to me looking for some attention so I went to rub him and Suki charges at the both of us so Sebastian retreats and she kinda puts her head over him, So then I went to rub her and she charged at me and bit on my finger so hard she broke the nail and my finger was pumping, I got it cleaned up though, I just don't see why she would do this, as Suki gets the most attension, and I had her out in my room today for an hour for play time and she was very friendly constantly giving me bunny kisses and me rubbing her giving her all the attension she could need. Is it she is just overly dominant over Sebastian, She is quite dominate she is the leader of the two. I'm just hoping someone can explain why she would attack after being so nice only a few hours ago?

Suki is claiming Sebastain as her own and you are the intruder when they are in their little home together.

When you have them out separately in another area they behave differently
Sorry you go a bite ; you didn't deserve that :(!!!

I agree with angieluv, you are an intruder. It doesn't sound like Sebastian feels very safe though if he is retreating like that. Are you sure their bond is ok?

Flashy wrote:
I agree with angieluv, you are an intruder. It doesn't sound like Sebastian feels very safe though if he is retreating like that. Are you sure their bond is ok?
I really don't know, today outside in the run When Sebastian tryed to hump Suki she kinda pulled some fur out, I think Suki needs a friend so I'm not going to seperate them as of yet.

Oh and I am keeping my finger clean, It is so painful, Couldn't sleep last night, Didn't fall asleep till 6am and had to get up 20 minutes later.

Oh dear, I am sorry about your finger. I wonder if you added Sky to the pair if the dynamic may change. But i vaguely remember you said Suki won't tolerate her?

Sabine wrote:
Oh dear, I am sorry about your finger. I wonder if you added Sky to the pair if the dynamic may change. But i vaguely remember you said Suki won't tolerate her?
Well sky is being spayed this Wednesday, So I might try, But more then likely SKye will come out battered black and blue.:nerves1

Bonding two females (spayed or not) can be tricky. I still have some that I dare not put in close proximity. Just take it very very slowly I guess. And good luck on the spay. Hope it goes well!

Sabine wrote:
Bonding two females (spayed or not) can be tricky. I still have some that I dare not put in close proximity. Just take it very very slowly I guess. And good luck on the spay. Hope it goes well!
I am so nervous to see what Suki will do to her!

Latest posts

Back