(¯`•._.•°¤°Ɲela’s Ƒurbies°¤°•._.•´¯)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
[align=center] [/align][align=center]
titlecopy.png

[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Nela.png

[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Name: Sophie[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Birthday: November 17[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Age: 24[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Location: Montreal[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Work: Currently unemployed[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Status: in a relationship[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Hobbies: web design, scrapbooking, crochet[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Likes: animals, singing, reading[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]
braelynncopy.png

[/align]
[align=center] [/align]
[align=center] [/align][align=center]Name: Braelynn[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Nicknames: BraeBrae, bunneh, [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Breed: lionhead[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Color: Magpie harlequin[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Date of birth: April 2009[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Gotcha Date: October 14, 2009[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Status: Single[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Likes: thumping, spooking the cats, craisins[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Dislikes: humans, cats[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Hates: Brooms[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]***Coming Soon: Pic of Mr.Pringles (gerbil)***[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Name: Mr. Pringles[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Age: youngster[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Color: honey?[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Status: Single[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Likes: taunting the cats, escaping[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Dislikes: having his cage cleaned[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Interesting fact: 1[sup]st[/sup] pet gotten with my boyfriend, named after bf’s love of Pringles chips.[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]
baloocopy.png

[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Name: Baloo[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Birthdate: October 2008[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Gotcha Date: November 2008[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Age: 1 year[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Nicknames: Dork, Taz, monster, goof[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Color: pure black[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Breed: domestic/siamese[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Status: bonded to Houdina (like fighting siblings)[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Likes: eating, getting into trouble, taunting Houdina[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Dislikes: being hugged, groomed, having claws cut
[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Favorites: chips, buffalo chicken wings (apparently not spicy enough to deter him)[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Interesting Fact: Baloo and his 2 siblings were found in the garbage. He was the runt of the litter and nearly let himself die when his siblings were rehomed. He insists on sleeping on or against me since then. He’s also an extremely vocal kitteh.[/align][align=center] [/align]
[align=center] [/align][align=center]
houdinacopy.png
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Name: Houdina[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Nicknames: n’amour, baby girl[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Birthdate: July 11 2007[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Gotcha date: October 2007[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Age: 2 years old[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Color: tabby with rust patches[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Breed: domestic[/align][align=center]Status: bonded to Baloo
[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Likes: cuddling, being held like a baby, hugging me[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Dislikes: Baloo chasing her tail, being disrupted in her sleep[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Favorites: ham, seafood[/align]

[align=center]Intro
[/align]
Hello, I am Nela and this is my blog. To begin the blog, I will tell you a little bit about the pets and I. I first joined RO a few years ago and went under the name MsBinky so some of you may remember me. I am 24 years old and I live in Montreal. Work usually keeps me quite busy but when I am not working, I am often found online chatting, surfing, or creating.

I have always loved animals. Due to my father’s allergies however, I was unable to keep any one animal for very long, no matter how hard we tried. When I was 16, my father mentioned rabbits. It didn’t fall on deaf ears so before I knew it, I was at a pet store looking at their bunnies. The store owner mentioned the rex breed and how they were supposed to be more hypo-allergenic than others. With my parents’ permission, I selected a bunny and brought it home.

I had expected a cuddly pet, one that would allow me to snuggle her at will. I was rather taken aback when she made it clear I was not to cuddle her. She was one feisty rabbit! I loved her to bits though and that started my bond with bunnies. We got another bunny not long after. In fact, I had taken her home from the pet shop where I now worked because people simply overlooked her and I felt bad. She was a special bunny, almost part dog really. Hihi. My mother adored her. Sadly, we soon learned that she suffered from malocclusion, and without a proper vet to care for her, she soon developed an abscess which was too severe to treat.

One day, a tiny baby bunny was brought to me in a pitiful state. I took to her right away and took her home. She was my special bunny, one I bonded with enormously. I lost two other bunnies from an unknown illness at the time but she survived, probably because I had kept her away from them. When I moved into my apartment, it was on the condition that she would come with me. She had been named Wiggles, due to the way her bum wiggled while she walked when her injuries were still healing. I lost Wiggles in December 2007, a day I will never forget. Still today, I talk about her with much affection. She is the one who made bunnies special for me.

Over the time however, I developed allergies to bunnies. Being allergic to hay as well made having rabbits quite difficult. I started visiting the ER quite often and it was always very annoying to have to fight the doctors about having my pets. Not being able to have bunnies was something I was not quite ready to accept. Slowly, my health became a problem and I gradually rehomed all my bunnies with the exception of one in the hopes that having only one meant I could keep her. One day, as I was cleaning her litterbox, I had a severe asthmatic reaction and I was forced to rehome her as well.

Months went by and, though I had other pets in the home, there was something missing. I often caught myself thinking up ways to try with another rabbit but decided the heartache had been too much to risk going through again. When one particular rabbit found his way into my home, I wasn’t sure how to react. Part of me loved him, part of me rejected him because I had just lost my own bunnies and he wasn’t one of them. He was quite silly though and I found myself giggling at his antics. I don’t think I was really emotionally prepared for him and so when a good home became available, I didn’t hesitate to send him.

But there was something missing once again…

[align=center]Enter Braelynn

[align=left] Time went by, and I found myself looking at listings of bunnies needing a home again. I believe this time I was more open to the idea of having one again and therefore, it was easier to fall for one. There she was, this adorable bunny needing a home as soon as possible. A bunny that could have ended up anywhere because her owner was in such a hurry to get rid of her… A few hours later, she was in my living room, in a rather small cage looking at me with the biggest eyes. I knew I was risking having to face losing her as well if I couldn’t handle the allergies so I didn’t want to get too attached right away. I told myself I was simply fostering her until I couldn’t anymore and would rehome her. Either way, she was safer now than she had been with her owner wanting to dump her on just anyone. At the same time though, what I really wanted was to have a bunny in my life again, so even though I said one thing, I was really hoping for something entirely different.

She was simply adorable. She was indeed a rabbit I would have loved to have but I didn’t warm up to her right away, nor did she to me. No, this bunny seemed too terrified to actually enjoy anything. She didn’t accept treats, didn’t explore, didn’t binky, didn’t run about, didn’t get into trouble… She was unlike any bunny I had ever had. I felt rather confused, feeling a little sad because I felt we might never connect the way I had to others but also feeling really sad because this poor thing was so terrified.

I kicked myself back to reality. What was this selfishness? I had encountered dozens of rabbits from all kinds of backgrounds, worked with shelters and pet stores, even created my own network… And that’s when I remembered Wiggles. Wiggles who taught me so much about loyalty and trust… This bunny needed me, and I needed her.

I started taking her out more and more. She would struggle until I could hold her against me but she began to struggle less and less over time. I would sit her on my lap at first and just stroke her gently and then put her back. I did this regularly for only short periods at a time because my allergies were creeping up on me again. Annoyed with my allergies, I looked to find solutions. I changed the litter I was using and suddenly I was no longer reacting nearly as much as I had been. After this, I started to sit her on the couch, letting her walk the length of the couch and onto me as much as she liked, petting her gently when convenient. It took a long time and a lot of hesitation before she finally jumped off the couch. She found a cardboard box and enjoyed hiding in it, jumping out to spook the cats from time to time.

Everyday, she comes out of her shell a tiny bit. I know it will take a long time before she is anywhere close to being how bunnies should be but I also know that day will come if properly cared for. I changed her cage not long before leaving for Holland and built her a much larger NIC cage. She took to it immediately and actually did a few half binkies. It was a thrill to see her. She now explores the home a whole lot more than she used to and she also accepts treats from me. She still thumps like crazy at the slightest things and I guess she will for a long time to come still.

It sure makes the days interesting...

[/align][/align]

Aww Braelynn sounds wonderful! She's come a long way! Also, I want to add for your readers that the bunny in the 2nd to the last paragraph of the 2nd post was the amazing and sweet Annabel.

Latest posts

Back