Should I cage my buns at night to reduce noise?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janaYcuper

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to rabbitsonline and I could really use your opinions! :)

My 5 month old mini hotots (Jana and Cuper) are making quite a bit of noise at night (the male is neutered but the female isn't spayed yet). They have free access to the patio, hallway, and kitchen 24/7. When they were younger I had them in a cage I made out of an old bookshelf (4 levels but only 30cm wide each shelf). I feel like it is too small to put them in it now, but I'd like to reduce the noise that they are creating. They have lots of toys to chew, but they really enjoy digging against various walls at night which is causing quite a bit of noise. I thought that reducing their territory at night might calm them down, but I also fear that they would just end up scratching at the walls of the cage. This is a big consideration, because I will have to build a new cage if I want to cage them at night, and if it doesn't solve the problem, then I will have built it for nothing.

I know that getting Jana spayed will help somewhat, but Cuper, who is already neutered, is definitely part of the noise problem too. Also, I usually give them some pellets before bed, but not too much because I want them to eat the hay. Any ideas about how to get them more into the same sleeping schedule as me??? I would really appreciate your thoughts because I am worried I am bothering the upstairs neighbors and I am also wanting to get a roommate soon.http://www.rabbitsonline.net//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:
It sounds like you have a busy pair of diggers/tunnellers. I would get them a couple of those long fabric pet tunnels to play in, and a large covered cat litterbox filled with a thick layer of soil or sandy litter they can dig around in.

Latest posts

Back