Greetings, new bunny slave here. LOL

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewy-de-Lionhead

Bunny Slave
Reaction score
Hi all, I got a baby Lionhead for Christmas and am in love with him. He's a black tort double mane and is uber fluffy. He will be 13 weeks on Monday and is a whopping 1lb 7 oz now.

I took an old dresser/hutch and turned it into what we lovingly call Chewy Manor. He loves it, as it has 3 floors. He was getting too big for his cage and I'm not much of a cage lover anyway.

He's very neat and hardly ever goes outside his litter box in Chewy Manor, although when he has his exercise time on the floor, he poo's everywhere, but still uses the 2 litter boxes that I have placed on the couch that he visits me on and also on the floor in front of our other couch. He rarely pees out of a litter box.

He's such a busy little guy, exploring and jumping to discover new places. Of course I've "proofed" as good as I can, so not too much trouble when he's roaming.

Here he is, in all his fluffiness.

0f8f89f3-6769-46f9-a978-eb6813f98384_zpsgnqenkti.jpg

Would you post his new home? I'm also thinking to make a new home for my rabbit and I need ideas

Hey :) I just joined this forum too! I have a 9 week old minilop. He's kinda getting litter training but just when I think he's got it he then pees in the wrong place. Do you have any tips for litter training? :)

Would you post his new home? I'm also thinking to make a new home for my rabbit and I need ideas

Sure, here is the before picture:

Hutchoriginal_zpsu8lrgnks.jpg

And after....

f9ad0c36-d4f4-492d-bb47-d753665ab78a_zpsihcsquep.jpg

Here is the one my son made for his bunny. Its a bit overkill. He never does anything small. LOL

a0872709-f294-4711-8f37-09131ffff2fe_zpsfl3cuel7.jpg

Hey :) I just joined this forum too! I have a 9 week old minilop. He's kinda getting litter training but just when I think he's got it he then pees in the wrong place. Do you have any tips for litter training? :)

Well, what I did was sop up his pee on a kleenex and put it in the litter box, or if you have litter that he's peed on, place it in a corner of the litter box. Also, place the box where he usually would go. I also put a pile of his timothy hay at one end of the litter box. Chewy has 3 liter boxes. One in the hutch, one on the couch, where he visits me and one on the floor when he's roaming. He's very good at using them to pee. Now pooing is a whole other story. LOL I'm no expert, that's for sure, its just what worked for Chewy. I started him with a litter box at 8 weeks and just kept moving it, until he used it consistently. Then added the others as his roaming expanded.

Hmm perhaps I need another litter box. I don't let him around the house at the moment because I just can't trust him. I've only had him a week though so it's early days. Does chewy sit still at all? Taco is always moving when he's out lol.

No, he's just too busy at this point. I suspect that the next few months he will be too busy to care about being petted or cuddling. LOL

He's a very busy bunny.:rabbithop

Latest posts

Back