"You have way too many pets, though..."

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA I have 8 rabbits of my own. 2 foster rabbits, 1 bunny I am sitting for a few months, 3 gps, 1 dog, 1 skink, and 1 gecko... People have made the comment that we are noahs ark. My response is no he had two of every kind.

Oh how I love the expression on peoples faces when I say I have four rats, two cats and two dogs :p Hehe, they seem to think I have some sort of zoo. My bestie is so use to it now. People will be all, "OH MY GOSH, she has how many animals at her house?!?" and she is like, "Oh, I don't think she has many at all." :)

I can't wait till I own my own home and can take in as many stray cats, stray dogs and anyother unwanted critters I can provide for. I'm looking forward to being that crazy cat/dog/rat lady down the street haha

I'd like to see what people would say if they saw a farm! Lol. they would probably say yeah well they eat those animals but nope not everyone does.

The lady who lets us ride her horses has a lot of animals and she only eats the chickens eggs as far as I know.

She has at most 20 rabbits, dozens and dozens and dozens of chickens, roosters and ducks! Several goats and a few sheep, two horses,a few ferrets, and a couple cows! Now thats a lot of animals! I love going to her house to help her out because I feel bad that she is usually the one to take care of them all and she just has so much to do! She is busy all day long!

I haven't really had anyone say to me wow you have alot of animals, most people say 'That's so cool, I wish I could have that many!'. To me, it doesn't really feel like I have alot of animals to be honest! Some people spend alot of time on other hobbys whereas my main hobby is my animals :)

I totally agree with what everyone has to say. It is definitely up to you, as in individual, to decide how many pets you can handle.

At times I wish I had more and other times I wish I had less....but I still love them all the same.

RULES FOR NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT PETS:

1. They live here, you don't.
2. If you don't want hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
3. I like my pet better than I like most people.
4. To you it's an animal. To me he and or she is an adopted son or daughter
who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and is speech challenged.
5. Dogs and Cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all
the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your
car, don't hang out with drug using friends, don't drink or smoke, don't
worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes and don't
cost a million dollars for college.

BSAR wrote:
I'd like to see what people would say if they saw a farm! Lol. they would probably say yeah well they eat those animals but nope not everyone does.

The lady who lets us ride her horses has a lot of animals and she only eats the chickens eggs as far as I know.

She has at most 20 rabbits, dozens and dozens and dozens of chickens, roosters and ducks! Several goats and a few sheep, two horses,a few ferrets, and a couple cows! Now thats a lot of animals! I love going to her house to help her out because I feel bad that she is usually the one to take care of them all and she just has so much to do! She is busy all day long!

My Nan is a bit like that, she has 12 chickens, 2 dogs, 7 sheep and 2 cows just for the heck of it! She only eats the eggs!

Aina wrote:
When someone tells me I have too many pets I take it as a complement and thank them, lol. I then explain that I am trying for the term "crazy animal lady" and am looking for a few more cats to round things off if they know of any. Generally that shuts them up. They still think you are weird, but at least it is a planned weird, haha.
ROFLMAO!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MyLOVEABLES!! wrote:
RULES FOR NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT PETS:

1. They live here, you don't.
2. If you don't want hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
3. I like my pet better than I like most people.
4. To you it's an animal. To me he and or she is an adopted son or daughter
who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and is speech challenged.
5. Dogs and Cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all
the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your
car, don't hang out with drug using friends, don't drink or smoke, don't
worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes and don't
cost a million dollars for college.
EXACTLY!! and they dont cost thosands in diapers

Oh I can totally relate. Everytime my dad comes over he always says im well on my way to "crazy cat lady" status, because I have four cats, two dogs, and two rabbits. I just roll my eyes. He's the kind of person who thinks cats and rabbits are "a dime a dozen" and not worth the cost of vet care and good quality care.

Now the dogs.........he totally loves the dogs.

He's never gonna change though.

Oy I LOVE when people come over and are like "Um you have too many pets, don't you think?" Someone who lives here always go "Um, you can leave."

Of course I also have 13 rats and people around here just would NEVER understand it. The 4 dogs though, that's fine. :p LOL I never got that. To me having a lot of dogs is way more "gross" than having any quantity of rodents.

No one comments about the rabbits because I think they are far more socially acceptable as pets. *shrugs*

People always get a surprised look when they find out my mum has 6 cats, 3 dogs, and the cats all live inside. Im gunna be moving in with her for school (going to NAIT to become an animal health tech, go figure, lol) so the number will become 9 cats, 3 dogs, and 1 bunny. thats not including the foster cat or the kittens we occasionaly look after. I wouldnt have it any other way :)

Latest posts

Back