Wow! Thats a BIG bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The world's largest rabbit is purported to weigh around 27 pounds. I fear you may have miscalculated Summer's weight ;)

m.e. wrote:
Theworld's largest rabbit is purported to weigh around 27 pounds. I fearyou may have miscalculated Summer's weight ;)

Nope. He got weighed like 10 times, because I would belevie it. Every time, it said 34 pounds.

Did you place him on the scale? Was it an animalscale, or a human scale? Placing him directly on a human scale is boundto be inaccurate. You'd have to hold him, and then subtract his weight.Sorry to seem so skeptical, but having seen pictures, I highly doubt heis truly that much larger than the rabbit in the news stories.Proportionally speaking, he does not appear larger. I mean, I'veseen your most recent photos, and he looks quite a bit smaller.

Yes, I've seen that clipping. I remember therebeing a recent discussion about it, I've been trying to find it again.To me, he doesn't look to be much larger than Apollo or Nimue, but thecamera angle is very deceiving. As to the weight reported, tha mancertainly does not appear to be holding an 80 pound bunny.

I see that picture now and think the samething. Apollo is 18 pounds and I have to struggle at times to keep ahold of him. I couldn't even imagine picking up and posing 80 poundsand smiling. I must admit I think that would be awesome if it werepossible. I'd be the first one in line for a couple.

34 pounds...that's almost double Apollo. Don't get me wrongSummer is a big guy, but he's not that big. I would use an animal scaleand make sure it's calibrated right.

Tina

At a whopping 16kg, and measuring overa metre-long, two-year-old Roberto could be the biggest bunnyever.

16 kg is like 35.28 pounds.

Muscle weighs more and so if he's highly muscular it could be that.

Her scale might be off a bit, but I highly doubt it's doubled his weight.

I would try weighing myself and then weigh him with me and see if it's similar to what you got with the animals scale :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
At a whopping 16kg, and measuring over ametre-long, two-year-old Roberto could be the biggest bunnyever.

16 kg is like 35.28 pounds.

Muscle weighs more and so if he's highly muscular it could be that.

Her scale might be off a bit, but I highly doubt it's doubled his weight.

I would try weighing myself and then weigh him with me and see if it's similar to what you got with the animals scale :)

I did that. I know my weight, and it said that with the animal scale. So, I put him on it..and thats what I got.

Come to think of it....my dog is 20 pounds morethan him. It sounds pretty right. Both of them could knock meover....and they do. :D lol

Latest posts

Back