Wood Chips bad for bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlitzensmyBunny

Reaction score
Are wood chips bad for bunnies? I clean Blitzen'slitter box every other day but when it is time I notice it is andextremely strong smell. The only problem with buying other stuff isthat for alot of money you only get a little bit of litter, when forwood chips you can get a 1/2 a month supply for $2.

I just want to make sure I am not hurting him though, (and the smell is pretty bad also) what can I use? Thanks!

:)

You did not say what type of wood chips you use.

I woud caution against cedar because of the strong smell. THere aredifferent opinions about different wood chips on being safe or harmful,but all I can say is being around ceder long enough my lungs hurt andi'm not living in it.

As for price and litter, i get a 20 lbs bag of litter called woodypetfor $5, with 1 bun I'm sure that would last you quite a long time. Iuse it for 33 buns. IMO it works quite well. Some people also use woodstove pellets you can get a good size bag for a small price.

Where do you get that litter from? My mind wentblank cant remember what you called it now. I pay about 3 to4 for 10 dry liters of something called critter care. If icould get what you get... Maybe i could get a second bunny. :)

Cristy

Latest posts

Back