winnie likes the heating pad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
so i majorly hurt my neck on thrusday night (i sprained 2 muscles). i have been living in my bed since then on muscle relaxors and vicoden. . .and my heating pad.

i swear aren't rabbits suppose to prefer cold to hot????

i wake up the other night to winnie completely wrapped around my heating pad just sleeping away.

today i wake up, turn it on (i don't just leave it on) and get up to go to the bathroom thinking that it will be nice and warm and ready for me, come back, and there is the little stinker laying right on top of it! when i tried to move her she nipped me like "finder's keepers, loser's weepers. . . go get you own"

does anyone else's rabbits like the heat like this????

Haha, thats funny and cute!!

Macey has never been around a heating pad, so I'm not sure what she likes. I'm getting her a snugglesafe so we will wait and see.

I hope you feel better. :hug:

oh, you did! isn't my girl cute? (proud parent moment)

yeah, she is a strange one. . .

Just don't let her chew on it!

That's really cute Katt! Hee, what a stinker alright:p. Maybe get her one of her own and you guys can lay together on them:D. Just keep her's on low;).

Mine haven't been around one either.

winnie is only intersted in chewing my books. . . and then it is only certain books of mine. . . not all of them. i swear i could leave just about anything in front of her and she would rather lay near it then chew it. . .

my spoiled little girl, i am laying on my bed, sharing my heating pad with her while typing this. . . a new addiction

at least i have company while laying here. i am not looking forward to working tomorrow (although it will be nice to do something other then lay here). . .

katt wrote:
today i wake up, turn it on (i don't just leave it on) and get up to go to the bathroom thinking that it will be nice and warm and ready for me, come back, and there is the little stinker laying right on top of it! when i tried to move her she nipped me like "finder's keepers, loser's weepers. . . go get you own"

Hehe,i had to giggle at that,funny little girl,and very clever too ;)

I bought a heating pad a few weeks ago for the bunnies,but haven't had any reason to try it yet though

Cheryl

You are so lucky! I can't let Bo near my bed :( He uses my hubby's pillow for a litterbox..... I've had to replace feather pillows a couple of times from his .... marking?

He will also back up against me and the blanket to pee.

I think he has a pee marking issue. :grumpy:

SnowyShiloh wrote:
While looking for a bed for Rory on amazon.com, I found this cat mat! It is self-heating, I believe it absorbs the pet's heat. It has good reviews. Maybe someone here would be interested in it!

http://www.amazon.com/Slumber-Pet-Thermal-Black-Designs/dp/B000ERNO0M/ref=dp_return_1/105-7554154-4412409?ie=UTF8&n=284507&s=kitchen&qid=1193829666&sr=8-2

i am going to add this to winnie's christmas wishlist. . .

yup, my girl likes my bed, she is very good about not leaving anything behind. . . she regularly sleeps with me, and more often then not takes over my spot when i get up in the morning

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Katt, Wilbur & Jackie don't use a heating pad but in the Winter when the furnace is on they love to lay on the vent, they will lay there for hours to get the warm air.

Susan:apollo:

[align=left]My buns love the heat vents too. I was worried they would hate them (they are free ranging buns), but theyf wait for the heat to come, and just go lie right over them.

Also, I was in Greenland this past summer for work, and there was an ecological experiment going on where the soils were getting warmed (e.g., with electric coils buried far under the surface). The Arctic Hares found the experiments, and just hung out, lying on the warmed soils. I joked that the buns were warming their buns... But they did kind of mess up the experiment as the nibbled on the vegetation in the plots too...

So, for some reason it does same like rabbits and hares do kind of like heat.
[/align]

I am such a pushover! I just ordered one of those beds for Rory and another for my dad's cat, Zoe. I was just going to put it on my Amazon wish list (which is now full of bunny stuff), but wanted to give one to Zoe for Christmas. If I'm already paying shipping, why should Rory have to wait until Christmas to get his bed? I will update this thread when it arrives!

Latest posts

Back