Will they go back to normal ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
I usually cut babii's nails everthree weeks, or four. Depending on how long they are

. Well, when I went to my camping trailors for three weeks last month, I had asked my friend who was going to feed her to clip her nails, as that was the third week and I wouldn't of been able to do it. She has a bun herself so I thought she'd be able to. Well when I came back I didn't even think twice about checking because I trusted she did it. I checked last night her nails, and seems that my friend had never cut Babiis nails. They're starting to grow to the side, like spread out. I feel horrible, I should have checked. :(

I didn't cut them last night because I was so upset with my friend and didn't want to 'project' it so I will tonight, but will they grow back, normal ?

:cry2I sound like such a horrible fur-momma.

You haven't done anything wrong hun.

I would just start to cut them normally as you would normally do. With time they should sort themselves out.

I personally leave mine longer than that anyway (but never find they curl nor are excessively long), so maybe Babii's just grow super quick.

Either way though just cut them as normal and hopefully with time they should readjust.

Don't blame yourself though, these things happen. Just don't trust her with Babii again because if she didn't do this, you can't know what else she did or didn't do, unfortunately.

Yeah, it will take a while for them to be normal again, but if you consistently cut them as close to the quick as you can without cutting the quick, the quick will get closer to the toe itself and they can be a normal length.

She's actually the reason I wont leave for longer then the weeeknd (friday to sunday)

I had left on a wednesday two weeks ago, and came back on the tuesday to find babii with no water (she had a little bit of food left) and when I confronted her she told me she forgot.

Just makes me think how many times have I gone away and she not feed Babii, like, Babii's getting old now, she can't handle all that. Not that it would be better if she was younger, but still.

:(

Hugs, Brandy... I'm sorry your friend was unreliable :(

Latest posts

Back