Will bunnies separate on different level home?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaJoe

Reaction score
Weehawken, Husdon County, New Jersey, USA
Last night I opened up the second level of my bunnies' cage. They immediately went down into the bottom level and played all night long. Runing up and down the ramp, doing their happy dances.

Today I've noticed that one bunny is lounging at the bottom of the ramp, and her sister is lounging at the top of the ramp.

A lot of the times, they normally lounge on top of each other. I wanted to know if there is any concern about them separating from their bond having 2 levels now?

They are sisters and have been together since birth. About 3 months old. Also cuddled up and constantly cleaning each other. I just want to make sure they stay so well bonded. I'd rather make a larger single level area, then having them separate.

Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Thanks in advance.

It may be that their age is leading them to be a little more independent of each other & the 2 levels is just a coincidence. Give it a little more time & see what happens.

I have two levels also sometimes they will sit together in the bottom sometimes they will sit together in the top it did not effect their bonding at all.

At points depending on the temperature and how they are feeling they will sit separately because they just want a break from each other and it may depend on what they individually want to do. Because with my bunnies it is a pattern if they do sit by themselves Ebby is almost always at the top and Clementine is almost always at the bottom.
see if you can find any patterns!

good luck :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies. I spoke too soon. I tend to forget that the one sister is more adventurous than the other. I came home today and both were downstairs lounging together. I think the skeptical one just needed an extra day to get comfortable with the second level. They are back to normal (pre-bottom level).

Latest posts

Back