will appreciate any help at all

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoiledBuni

Reaction score
Hi everybunny, sorry i havent been on in so long,been so busy. Well in october someday, my family is hoping to visit mybrother in college. It takes about 4 hours to drive there and another 4to drive back.I dont really want my bunny to go through thestress of being stuck in a travel carrier for 8 hours. We will probablyonly be there for a day but it might extend totwo days andone night.

Im hoping to leave my bunny at homewith extra food, is thatok? The reason i worry is because my rabbit always eats all her food atonce, so what happens if i give her a bunch of food and she finishes itin a couple of hours?!! Are there any auto feeders for dogs, cats,rabbits that i can buy?

I only have one neighbor and my family doesnt trust them, nor are theyreliable. What should i do, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

- SpoiledBuni's mother

We have left buns for three days afterover-feeding them, without any "apparent" problem upon ourreturn. We have no idea "when" the food was eaten.In such a case, you have to be sure that the feed cannot be overturnedand "lost," like by falling to the ground or a tray beneaththe cage where the buns do not have access.

Water, certainly is more critical and I usually will leave two fullwater bottles, just in case one leaks or is disturved in somemanner. Each hutch has ample hay within, so if they did gethungry they could munch on that. I sometimes ask someone justto look in on them, like once within the three days, to make surenothing is amiss.

Another suggestion would be to take the bun along! Doesn'thave to sit in a carrier for 4 hours, could sit on your lap for a lotof that time. In you bring along litter, you could clean outthe carrier, if and when, it becomes necessary. Cat harnesswould enable bun to get some exercise. Old back pack, worn onthe front of your chest, can be used to carry the bun around, to agreat deal of attention, surprise, and questioning. Bun willget many, many pets that way.

Buck

Mybun isnt very used to traveling, wellshe has traveled before but i dont like she liked it. She also doesn'tlike to be held, put in a backpack or ona harness. Im afraidtraveling will put a lot of stress on her.

On the other hand though, i would love to bring my bunny with me, itwould be quite the adventure. I also wouldnt worry if my bunny washungry or anything.

Ugh...what should i do, so manychoices!!?

Thank You Buck, very useful andreassuringadvice!

Latest posts

Back