Wierd things that happen at work

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnie8

Reaction score
Well I'm sure most of us have some sort of story of strange things that have happened at work...I thought maybe we could share..

I'll start...

Well I work as a stocker at one of the major department stores. Wellsome how a squirrel got into the truck we were unloading...and no onedid anything about it and it somehow ended up across the store in thebaby section. I mean its strange to find a squirrel in a truck anywaybut let it into the store:craziness...So my manager decides to geta bunch of guys to try and catch it with the rubber-maidcontainers..i guess to trap it..Well it is hiding under a pallet andthey move it and it runs and surprisingly someone catches it, withouthurting it,don't worry:cool:, but he accidentally lets itgo...so its running towards me, soi actually caught it by itstail, but because its scared it starts climbing up my pant leg, this iskinda freaking me out to have a small wild animal in my pants, so I getit out and this is a pissed off squirrel:angryrant, its grunting at meand trying to climb on me. But i don't want to hurt it soIlet it go, luckily the same boy who caught it got it again and we letit outside safelly...but I'm sure totally freaked out...
Nowat least now I can say I have had a squirrel in my pants....:thumbup

That is simply HILARIOUS!!

I don't know if I have anything to compare to that story, but Idid have a customer call once when I was a receptionist at a roofingcompany, who decided to cuss me out quite effectively...enough so thatI put him on hold (in the middle of his rantings and ravings aboutsomething to do with his roof...though what I still cannot saywith all his rantings) and buzzed the president/owner of the smallcompany, and he said to just go ahead and transfer the guy tohim. Now, mind you, I had NEVER talked to this customerbefore, and he was basically just going off on anyone that would haveanswered the phone...without any warning!

Needless to say, the next thing I heard was the pres/owner YELLING frominside his office (which was connected to the foyer I was working in),and cussing the guy right back out! I heard him telling himthings like he better NEVER hear the man cussing out his receptionistagain, or he would just plain drop the business they were doing withhim completely. All I could think was WOW...I had never heardthe man yelling quite so loudly and passionately before, and he wasprotecting ME! It was a nice feeling.

After he hung up with the guy, he came out and gave me a hug andapologized for him and let him know that if it ever happened again, tonever hesitate transferring the person on over to him...that theyshould never treat someone like that.

Needless to say, the guy called back shortly after, and THOROUGHLYapologized. It felt nice to be defended like that.:)

..... Isnt it spelt weird?

I cant beat your work incident either!

But I have a few strange things that have happened while at work.

Like when I use to work as a telesales person, I was selling a watch toa really old man about 80. And he was going on and on abouthis original watch he already had and has had for 20 years!The phone call lasted 20 minutes, just with him talking about hiswatch. I really didnt think there was much to talk about awatch! And I got payed for sitting there and listening :DHedidnt want the watch in the end... :(lol!

Also I work in a coffee shop Saturdays, and loads of old people have asked for the strangest things.

One asked for fries, one asked for beef and chips, one asked for a mc flurry!!!

And someone wanted a Jacket Potatoe with tuna, so I asked if he wantedtuna or tuna mayonaise, and he asked me what the difference was!

Also a women asked for a toasted sandwich on white bread. Sowhen I gave it out to her she said "oh, i asked for whitebread?" so I said "it is white, its beentoasted...." :foreheadsmack:Durr! Some people worry me!

Beef? and fries basically....

You dont have jacket potatoes in the US :shock:

Or tuna mayonaise?

Its tuna, with mayonaise?? Or do you not have mayonaise either?

Linz_1987 wrote:
Beef? and fries basically....

You dont have jacket potatoes in the US :shock:

Or tuna mayonaise?

Its tuna, with mayonaise?? Or do you not have mayonaise either?
Apparently "jacket potatoes" are baked potatos.

Is tuna mayonaise like tuna salad? We usually make that withcanned tuna, mayonnaise, a little mustard (sometimes) salt, pepper, andpickle relish or celery for crunch.

We definately have mayonnaise, I'm a bit obsessed. I love to put it on hot dogs.

Its just tuna chunks, with mayonaise mixed together.

Ive never heard of tuna salad like that. To me tuna salad is tuna with lettuce, cucumber etc...

Anyway this man was english and he still didnt know what tuna mayonaise was!

Hehe...those culture differences are biting us in the butt again! LOL!!

Latest posts

Back