Why is my rabbit scared all the time? HELP! :/

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexzendra

Reaction score
Why is my rabbit scared all the time?
It's been 2 weeks since I've noticed this weird change in my rabbit's behavior. First my rabbit used to come to my bed and lays with me. But now he don't. Whenever he jump, he always seems scared. his ears are straight up and eyes wide open. i try petting him to calm him down but he runs away. first we both used to play together but now whenever i try to touch him he runs away. even a small sound creeps him out! :( his ears are always straight up and eyes always wide open!! i had him for like 6 years and i haven't noticed him scared like this before. It's really freaking me out! :( this Monday i'm taking him to vet because from 2 days he's eating very less too. Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with my rabbit and what can i do to make him calm down?

Has anything changed for you or your bunny?
Maybe if ure really worried and I know a lot of ppl would say this but take bun to the vet,he/she might be sick

It could be some sort of illness or injury, but it could be something very simple too. Have you moved or added anything to your room that looks different? Have you started using any skin creams or different soaps that may make you smell different? Or a different cleaner or any sort of smell.

we were renovating our house so there was a lot of construction going on and construction means a lot of loud noises. could it be the reason why he's scared? and btw me and my rabbit just shifted to a new room too.. I guess this is the reason why he's scared, new room and loud noises. But what can i do to calm him down?

It sounds like you've found out the answer. I would say both those factors are definitely a reason. Give him lots of hiding places, cardboard boxes, a blanket thrown over half of his cage, they should help him to feel more safe if he has multiple bolt holes within easy reach. Just do your best to be calm around him, and don't force him to come out of his cage if he's not comfortable doing so. Given a little bit of time he may adjust to the noises, but just take things nice and easy for a while.

Latest posts

Back