Why does she have a ridge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Stee

Reaction score
Mocha, our polish, has developed a hair ridge onher back in the last molting. I was just wondering forcuriosity sake, if anyone knows why this has recently appeared onher. (she is about 9 months).

Here are some pictures of it. I am sorry, but for some reasonit doesn't show up well on film. It is alot more prominent inperson.

e12rn6.jpg

e12ruv.jpg

e12s04.jpg

This is just an inquiry of a curious mind. I am not worried about it.

James

It's called a "prime line" in a finished coat -- it's a good thing ;)

Definition from the American Rabbit Breeders Association Standard ofPerfection: "A line of fur that develops down the middle of the backand rump, signifying a finished coat condition."

Pam

pamnock wrote:
It's called a "prime line" in a finished coat -- it's a good thing ;)

Definition from the American Rabbit Breeders Association Standard ofPerfection: "A line of fur that develops down the middle of the backand rump, signifying a finished coat condition."

Pam

Thanks! That just confirms that she's my pretty little princess.:D

Do most rabbits get that? Mocha is our only bun that has gonethrough a full molt in our house- Loki (dutch) is moltingnow. The two hotot girls started before we got them, whilethey were eating the worthless Walmart pellets so their fur looks awful.

naturestee wrote:

Thanks! That just confirms that she's my pretty little princess.:D

Most Certainly!:inlove:

Not all rabbits will achieve a prime line.

Pam

Tucker has the same thing. :)

You did a good job of catching it on film. It is hard to see, especially with the darker colored fur.

-Carolyn

For those who are not showing bunnies or didn't know what the ridge means, it means you are a good bunny mom or dad.
What I could get out of a google search of "prime line" is that it is asign of very good bunny health. It seems to be a thing thatalot of people look for in the showing of bunnies. Now ifyour bunnies don't have one it doesn't mean they are unhealthy in anyway because it doesn't always show up. The coats condition isa more regular sign of bunny health.
This is what I got from my surfing. Pam, if this is wrongplease correct me, for this isn't from a book anywhere, just from webpages

James.

Latest posts

Back