Which airlines?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pygmy Fan

Reaction score
I've been researching on airlines that carry pets, but can't find much.I haven't found much at all, could someone help?

(By the way, I'm new, hello)

Hello and Welcome.

I know Delta Airlines carries pets.

I think you pretty much have to go to the different airline websites. They usually have a pets/animals page.That's what I did. I don't want to give you false information. I thinkDelta does it only because it was in the ARBA Newsletter.

Tina

I know that on most of the airlines I use, you can fly with a cat in a carrier case with you in the cabin, except they only allow one per flight, so you have to get your dibs in early.I've never asked about bunnies, although I'd love to travel with Pipp.

I'm in Canada, and I make frequent trips to the States. There wasa news story I saw yesterdayabout a flying squirrel (Samantha, I think) that they're trying to deport from Canada, because of somerule against rodents. She was allowed in by mistake. I don't know if that applies tobunnies.

PS: I love that you love Pygmy rabbits. I've love to have one... or better yet, 50,000 or more. Welcome to the forum.

Hello and welcome, I'm in Australia and if ever you come down this way Qantas carry pets, (yup they do international flights)

Welcome Pygmy Fan,

My Flemish Giant flew in from California to CT onContinental. The trip was $170, I believe, and she had tohave an exam done by her vet in order to ensure that she was in goodhealth.

Let us know when you find an airlines that works for you.

-Carolyn

Well, thanks guys.I thinkI'm gonna look for more, I had no time last night, but I will stillappreciate help.

P.S.I love that you love that I love pygmies.Ialso love knowing other people are crazy about pygmies aswell.

I think most airlines will allow animals, youjust have to pay for the trip. If they are small and you areflying with them, they can fly in a cat carrier that fits under theseat or in the overhead. Many companies make these, both hardand soft sided. I would use the hard for a rabbit.If you are shipping them, they fly cargo -- I think. I couldcheck with my boyfriend, he is a pilot, he flies corporate jets, but hewould probably know about the commercial. But I know allairlines require a vet check and going internationally requires aperiod of quarantine.

I had a friend who's mom was bi-costal and she would take her cat fromVirginia to California and back in a carrier in the overhead.Also, we were going to move to Indiana last fall, and we were going totake my yorkie back and forth in the plane in a carrier.

Jen

Latest posts

Back