Where to buy Oxbow Garden Select Pellets in the UK?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlebun

Reaction score
I wanted to know where I can buy these pellets from in the UK? Is there any online website? I looked on Amazon but can only see the Oxbow young bunny pellets. My bunny has tried garden select before and absolutely loved them so I want to get those for her. I live outside the UK and USA. A friend of mine had gotten the Oxbow garden select pellets for her bunny but her bunny refused to eat them so she gave hers to me. However now I want to order more and can't seem to find them online...

The thing with ordering off Amazon USA is the delivery cost is high and delivery time is also long..What brand of pellets would you recommend in the UK? I’ve heard Science Selective is good, Burgess also, but I liked Oxbow because the pellets are very thin and small. These other brands seem to have big pellets and I just worry about the choking hazard..

If you're set on the garden select and you can't find any UK shops that sell it, you can find some ebay uk listings, that say they'll ship internationally. The main concerns I'd have with that, is the authenticity of the product, as well as freshness(not a bag over expiration). So you'd want to find a seller that seems reputable with good reviews. Also, there's likely to be a higher shipping fee, so you'd need to check that out to see if it's worth it to you.

If not, there are several UK shops that sell the regular oxbow adult and junior pellets, which I assume are the same pellet size as the garden select, though I don't know for sure.

Science selective is a very good UK brand, and I believe they're the smaller pellet size, though you should double check that to be sure.

Any pellet size can potentially be a choking hazard for a bun that wolfs down their food too quickly. If this is a significant concern of yours, you could try scatter feeding, as that can sometimes help slow a buns eating down. Or use something to break the pellets up into smaller pieces that won't be as likely to get stuck if not chewed well. You can also warm (water) soak pellets to significantly minimize the choking hazard. Though this will depend on if your bun will eat pellets as a mush. And it does need to be made up fresh in a batch just large enough for one sitting. You just don't want excess left sitting out for too long, where bacteria or mold growth could occur.

Last edited:
If you're set on the garden select and you can't find any UK shops that sell it, you can find some ebay uk listings, that say they'll ship internationally. The main concerns I'd have with that, is the authenticity of the product, as well as freshness(not a bag over expiration). So you'd want to find a seller that seems reputable with good reviews. Also, there's likely to be a higher shipping fee, so you'd need to check that out to see if it's worth it to you.

If not, there are several UK shops that sell the regular oxbow adult and junior pellets, which I assume are the same pellet size as the garden select, though I don't know for sure.

Science selective is a very good UK brand, and I believe they're the smaller pellet size, though you should double check that to be sure.

Any pellet size can potentially be a choking hazard for a bun that wolfs down their food too quickly. If this is a significant concern of yours, you could try scatter feeding, as that can sometimes help slow a buns eating down. Or use something to break the pellets up into smaller pieces that won't be as likely to get stuck if not chewed well. You can also warm soak pellets to significantly minimize the choking hazard. Though this will depend on if your bun will eat pellets as a mush. And it does need to be made up fresh in a batch just large enough for one sitting. You just don't want excess left sitting out for too long, where bacteria or mold growth could occur.
Thank you for the great advice! Will look into the Science Selective pellets!

Hello again! I have a question regarding my bunny. She seems to be leaving drops of urine wherever she sits. For instance I notice it on the couch or chair. It’s not a big puddle, it’s just a few drops. I have read it could be a UTI, E cuniculi, etc however she’s been doing it since quite a few months ever since she was about 7 months old and is now 11 months. She doesn’t have any other symptoms and is otherwise active playful and has a good appetite too. She isn’t spayed yet and I will get her spayed next month. I’ll also ask the vet to check her as she has had some bladder sludge in the past, for which I give her Sherwood urinary support tablets.
Do you think her pee drops are territorial?
Her litter box habits are really bad and she pees and poos outside the box all the time because she’s not spayed.

Also last night my brother noticed a spot of blood where she was sitting. I’ve tried to lift her to see her tummy area but she won’t let me see. There’s no other visible blood anywhere else and today I monitored her very closely and didn’t see any more blood. It could be she scratched herself or something. I really don’t want to think of the worst! Google said uterine cancer! I heard that’s a concern after the age of 3, but my bunny is not even 1 yet!

Back