What's your Bunny thinking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny_Mad

Reaction score
I was just looking at Hutch and she is, asalways, lying by the hutch door with her ears down and eyes shut, i waslooking at her for a few minutes, her eyes opening and shutting alittle, and it struck me "What is she thinking right now!"

She's either thinking, "Life is good!" or dreaming about Huggy, thinking, "Where's that other rabbit, i like him!"

Has anyone else wondered what their bunnies think????

I watched Huggy, looking at Hutches toys, and saw she had loads, so hegot down, stood up and had a look on his face like "Me Want, I wantanother Toy!".

So i went out and got Huggy the same rattle toy as Hutch has, i'm a big softie!!!

My bunny tells me when she has to go into hercage when she has to potty...she runs to her cage and pokes at the doorwith her nose...

Other times she will beg to be petted and roll over on her back..whenshe's feeling good and wants me to rub her tummy...and she will rattleher cage door when she wants out...

She literally gets up on the side of her cage with her paws when shewants a snack and rattles it till she gets it...I'm sure she'sthinking..Give me that snack now!!..lol! Or when she isn't in her cage,she runs into the kitchen when I'm in there and climbs up on the sideof my leg begging for a snack...she is literally just like a puppy!

Has anyone else wondered what their bunnies think????

All the time, but Tucker's expressions give him away. LikeTootwittlefuffytail, he has many ways of communicating and getting whathe watns.

-Carolyn

Well this is easy! Mocha's always thinking'what can I do that will make mommy very mad?...' and Spice isthinking 'wonder who has food today' or 'lets trip mommywhile she walks!'. ;)

I don't know what my bunny is thinking most of the time.
But I am learning slowly.
Sometimes when I try to pet him, he puts his head and his ears downshowing that he wants to be pet. Sometimes when we have people over, hehides in his box and turns his body away from me, I think he is showingthat he is not happy.
When he is hungry, he moves his food bowl right next to the door and sits by it. I am not sure when he wants to play.

As my rabbits think with their tummies, it's not too hard to figure out. :p

Usually I know what they want. Chompers has a certain look and stancehe'll give me when he wants to be pet. Abby has a way of looking at metoo when she's bent out of shape about something, and she's always bentout of shape about something! Usually the wire barier we had to put upto keep a curious bunny away from things she shouldn't be in.

I got Lenci down prettywell.When Lenci thumps, she doesn't feel in danger,but rather annoyed. She gently bites me onlywhenI'm in her way. When she looks up at me in the morning andshakes her head and starts going crazy, that's when she wantstreats. When she throws her toys around in her cage, she'supset.

Iszy is a tough one to figure out. She does a lot of binkiesso she's a very happy bunny. She doesn't like anyone in hercage, but it's okay for her to go in Lenci's cage. I have noidea why she makes grunting noises when she hops sometimes.Maybe she just likes to hear herself. Unlike Lenci, she'svery playful and curious.

Oh yeah, how could I forgetthe throwing stuff around the cage bit? Abby does that when she's annoyed too.

When she wants to be pet she'll come up the nudge me. She does thethumping thing too, mostly at bedtime when she doesn't want to go backin the cage.

Ah, gotta love the teenagers!

I think i have Hutch sused out:

Her Bell - She rings her bell for attention, and in the morning forfeeding. But now she has taken to ringing it at night!! She doesn'trealise i have to sleep!!!

Toys - she has one favorite toy we have game with and puts it in her bowl when she don't want to play.

Food - She has no specific faves, whatevers edible she will eat!!

Her box - she has a box she hides in when i try to get her out! Shegets in and hides her face "If i can't see you, you can't see me!"

Sleeping - She is the lazies bunny in the world, seriously, from what ihave seen, more so than Lenci AND Sherman put together. She is sleepignright now, if i desturb her she will get up, and 2 mins later will bedown again. She must be content as she sleeps with her paw spread outand right on her belly!!!

Yesterday i had Luvs cage open and my cat waslaying on the floor making it where she would have to jump on him toget out. She was probably saying will someone make this furball move.haha:)

Cristy

I have still more to learn about Manny's way ofthinking, but I know exactly what she thinks when she sits right besidethe area she's not allowedstaring at me. :D

I know when Perry sits under his treat shelf withthat 'I want one NOW' look that he's thinking he can hypnotise me intogiving him one (and it usually works).

Pernod often gets a manic look on her face and I know she's thinking ofdoing me some physical harm, and that I have to move very quickly!!!!

Jan

(95%) of the time lyla is thinking about worlddomination and how she is going to secure her teritory. her plan is toover welm you w/ her cuteness then scratch you till you bleed and runaway :shock:. the other she is thinking pet me you peasantyou are not worthy lol

I know what Leilu is saying when I get home fromwork..she is stuck in the cage with her four babies all day long. Wheni get home she stands up on the side of her cage and screams "LET MEOUT OF HERE!! I need to get away from these mongrels!!"

And Corbon on the other has three emotions "I want to eat" and when heturns his butt towards me hes mad at me and when gets down on the floorwith his head down he wants to be petted. Hes so easy to figure out.

Latest posts

Back