What was your reaction the first time you heard your rabbit thumped?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
The first time I heard Peanut thumped, I was scared and shocked.

The first time Peanut thumped was when I was reaching my hand into her cage to pick her up.

When I heard the thump , I had no idea what was going on. I immediately pulled my hand out of her cage closed cage door and I left the room. (Peanut has her own room)

Prior to having Peanut, I had Bagel for over three and half years. Never once did Bagel thump.

I felt a little offended. I know that sounds silly, but even after I had a bunny for weeks, he would thump if I needed to do anything in his cage. I know they do not know that our intentions are not to hurt them, so you can't really be frustrated.

sugarbunnies wrote:
I felt a little offended. I know that sounds silly, but even after I had a bunny for weeks, he would thump if I needed to do anything in his cage. I know they do not know that our intentions are not to hurt them, so you can't really be frustrated.

I kinda agree with the being offended thing:p Agnes has never thumped. Archie is a thumper. So I take it as he is just much more particular and dramatic about voicing his displeasures, so I feel like, hey dude, you are a spoiled bun, don't talk back to me :)

Agnes is so much more tolerant.

I was really impressed that that incredible, loud, powerful sound was coming from my little bunny. My reaction was: WOW!
I knew rabbits "thumped" from watching Disney movies (there was a rabbit character named Thumper). But I had no idea how loud it would be and how you could hardly see them move when they made the sound.

Imbrium wrote:
Gaz USED to never thump... then Nala taught her how!
See, I think this happened with Teddy and Maya. Maya's foster parents said Maya NEVER stomped, just gave you hate-glares, but after just a couple days in my house, BAM, she turns into Thumper the Second. Hopefully Maya doesn't teach Teddy HER bad habits, I will have a whirlwind pair of troublemakers on my hands! :grumpy:

Buckley and Alice are thumpers! The first time Alice thumped was because she heard a seagull for the first time and I panicked a bit and went down and comforted her, and Bonnie and Casey will only thump if Alice does.. Buckley thumps if he's in his run and I go towards him when he's mid sleeping lol and Bella has never thumped :)

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
I was really impressed that that incredible, loud, powerful sound was coming from my little bunny. My reaction was: WOW!
I knew rabbits "thumped" from watching Disney movies (there was a rabbit character named Thumper). But I had no idea how loud it would be and how you could hardly see them move when they made the sound.

That's how I felt also. When Scamper was just a little guy his first thumps were muffled by the carpet it took me forever to actually the back leg make the thump it was supper fast. Now he can just about shake the house if he wants :shock:

I giggled at the first time Minion had thumped at Mikel. He was a bit offended. Lol

Originally, I was offended. Crush never ever thumps - but Callie thumps over EVERYTHING, even when nobody is near here or bothering her, but you'll hear a thump-thump constantly.

Now..? I can't help but think... "Please don't be so loud that my neighbor continues to call the cops. :("

Yeah. My neighbor is a whiney little thing and I can't even have family come visit me at DECENT hours without him calling the cops with noise disturbances. -.-'

My girl Cleo has never thumped, but my little boy just gives one big thump sometimes when you put him down on the floor. Not really sure what he means by it, I just put him down so he should be happy to have a run! But maybe it means he was irritated by being carried or something

I heard my first thump last night. It was part of my daily trying to pick up my rabbit to get him used to it exercise but I was a bit slower yesterday due to no sleep. Anyways he got away from me, turned around to look at me and made a loud thump. I was both shocked and a amused. Of course when the trial was all said and done and he got on the couch to have his salad treats all was well in his little world.

Latest posts

Back