What type of pet carrier do you use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weetwoo_89

Reaction score
So, the other day I saw these soft type rabbit carriers. They zipped in the front and had mesh-type grates on the side for ventilation. How do these compare to plastic bottom animal crates that are generally seen. I think I could explain it better with pictures. Any who, tell me about your rabbit carriers and how you like them.

RaE

This is the carrier we use. I like it because it allows them to go in the front in their own time, as I really don't like to pick them up unless it's absolutely necessary.

Another good thing...you can secure their water bottle to the front grate...or if your bun drinks out of a bowl, it comes with a set of bowls (connected together...just a plastic divided bowl) that is made to attach to the front grate. :)

Good stuff, nice and inexpensive...and they're easy to clean out! :)

53hbndh.jpg

It's called a Pet mate Kennel Cab Fashion Portable Kennel, and we've found them at places like Petco, but you'd probably be able to find them just about anywhere. :)

That is the kind I always thought of when someone said pet carrier. I saw these new ones. They are kind of fabric-like, but have white water-resistant stuff inside. I didn't think they looked stable, but I still wanted to see if anyone had any expirence with them.

RaE

I have that same hard carrier, and I have a soft side one. I don't like the soft one, myself. I don't find it very stable and its not near as durable. The rabbits actually chew the mesh and make a hold + a mess. I'll stick to my Pet mate :)

My new foster came in one of those today. I liked it.

maherwoman wrote:
This is the carrier we use. I like it because itallows them to go in the front in their own time, as I really don'tlike to pick them up unless it's absolutely necessary.

Another good thing...you can secure their water bottle to the frontgrate...or if your bun drinks out of a bowl, it comes with a set ofbowls (connected together...just a plastic divided bowl) that is madeto attach to the front grate. :)

Good stuff, nice and inexpensive...and they're easy to clean out! :)

53hbndh.jpg

It's called a Petmate Kennel Cab Fashion Portable Kennel, and we'vefound them at places like Petco, but you'd probably be able to findthem just about anywhere. :)

We use a cat carrier similar to the one maherwoman posted. The bunnies seem happy in it, and also feel safe and in control. They can hide at the back if they want, or come to the front, they can sniff out the sides, but they don't appear to feel threatened in them.

We line the bottom with newspaper and it's very easy to clean if someone wees, easy to disinfect after a vets visit, etc.

Should I take pictures of all the ones I have?
:bunnydance:

Right now, since what i get for bunny comes out of my own pocket her carrier is the one she was in when she came home.(its a cardboard thing, with a hand and holes, its kinda decent until i can get her a proper carrier)

But the carrier maherwoman has is really good, my friend uses it for his bunny.

pet-cargo-cabrio.jpg

This is the one we use! I don't trust the soft ones...we had some for our cats and then got rid of them to get hard plastic ones!
These are excellent because they are airline rated(not that I'll ever need it to be!) and the top opens so you don't have to tip your bunny out. Makes it loads easier on the vet too! Ours loves our carrier!

I have a couple different types of carriers but this is the one that I like the best. I use it for my rabbit as well as my guinea pigs. Being able to open from the top makes it very easy to clean. I found them at Petsmart and they come in two different sizes :)

petcarrier.jpg

I really love that carrier! So I did a little looking online and found out that it appears to be HAGEN PET CARGOCABRIO CARRIER

We have this one as well and one that has a wire door and wire opening lid.

Personally I find that the wire one is better, Grace can still come out the front or top of the carrier and her water bottle can be attached to the door and a toy from the wire roof.

The trouble with the purple one is it is HUGE and it does worry me that she will hurt herself if she has too much room to move around in and also, heaven forbid, we have a prang in the car; the floor isnt too skid resistant for little feet. Also although I love the feeding dishes we always end up with water EVERYWHERE and wet bunny feet and have to boost the floor level a bit so she can even get into the bowl. A water bottle is much more practical on the move and in the other one we just put a little pile of hay in one corner and a large hamster bowl of food in the other.

My other worry with it is that, although there is ventilation, it is all plastic, with the heavy plastic door and I think there is a big risk of her overheating in there. Gracie has to do regular 3 hour tips and I think this box is really only good for her doing short trips in.I think we got it on offer for about �20

Runestonez wrote:
pet-cargo-cabrio.jpg

This is the one we use! I don't trust the soft ones...we hadsome for our cats and then got rid of them to get hard plastic ones!
These are excellent because they are airline rated(not that I'll everneed it to be!) and the top opens so you don't have to tip your bunnyout. Makes it loads easier on the vet too! Oursloves our carrier!

Yeah, mine is like the one in the first pic,too. Def worth it. Petey likes hers I think, I just left it out with a towel in it for a few days after I got it so she's totally used to hopping in it. Sometimes she just chills in there!Plus, the cloth ones they will most likely end up destroying!

We got ours at Petcetera, but Pet Paradise and I think Pet Smart too carries them now! Actually the ventilation is great. It has vents all along the sides top nd bottom, back front etc...I like the door cause I can see our bunns without having to open it. And we put a towel in it to keep the bunns from sliding...it is also designed to be seat belted into the car so it is secure in case of an accident! We are working on getting enuff for all the bunns and for our cats as well!After having one that opens on top...I'll never go back to the regular carriers! Never!:D
We also fixed ours so we can hang a water bottle inside...we don't use the dishes that come with it...
Sophie came home this weekend in the carrier and it was HOT! It was over a 2 hour trip and she was fine. Then again in the car we always keep the temperature lower than we are comfortable with! LOL It is all about the bunns! LOL:D

The cheapest we found it was at Petcetera...it was $39.99 on sale...everywhere else has had it for $50+!:shock:

Latest posts

Back