What pet bed(s) do you recommend?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonrain

Reaction score
My bunnies use to just have an old dog bed that Zeus absolutly loved. But it was old and needed to be replaced and when Zeus passed away last week I had the vet throw out his carrier and the bed (which was inside the carrier). I couldn't bear to bring it home empty. They were both old and chewed up and needed to be replaced anyways.

So I ordered Barns a new carrier, and now want to get him a new bed as well. He never really used the dog bed anyways. I've tried a couple kinds of cheap beds made for small animals, but neither of my rabbits ever liked those.

I was thinking of getting him something more enclosed. He's really shy and I was thinking might feel more secure in something like this...

http://www.petsathome.com/Assets/PetsAtHome/products/2/0/3/20331_l.jpg

Rather than just a cushion on the floor.

So my questions are 1) Should I get him a small one so he can snuggle up inside it, or do you think he'd like a big one he can streach out in more? He does seem to like to sleep flopped over all streached out a lot, lol and 2) Does anyone have any specific beds they can recommend? It doesn't necessarily have to be like the one I posted, that was just an idea. If you have a pet bed your rabbit loves that you think Barns might like too, tell me about that! Websites are welcome since I'll most likly order one online rather than going to a store.

Thanks in advance!

I got one of the ones you have pictured for Buttercup and he ended up chewing the heck out of it. I actually bought him a doggy sofa from Wallmart a couple of years ago and he just loves it. On the other hand I bought the same typesofa for Winston and Vega and they ended up chewing it and peeing on it.

For some reason Winston and Vega love to pee on pillows. I've made a bunch of fleece blankets and small pillows for mine and those they seem to really like.

Susan:)

I tried the little beds. My Zeus (sorry about your loss) chewed his. Bob never liked it. Honestly, mine like a towel. Bob sleeps under my bed and every night I peek under and see him arrange the towel (like we arrange pillows!)!

Plus when they get dirty, simply wash!

I'm a lover of vet bedding! Its not that cheap but it lasts well, can be easily washed, and is difficult to chew!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I looked into vet bedding. However, all I found was vetbedusa. All sites I found claim that this is the only distributor in the USA.

When I went to their website, I get an error message. I've tried many times. Out of business?? who knows. But the vet beding isn't readily available here.

I'd love it. It sounds great!

Ha i find that no matter what i use for bedding or sleeping in or on they pee on it. I have sewed a bed, put fleece in there, and bought beds just to have them thank me by peeing on it,lol. But this doesnt stop me cause i just ordered another one for them for christmas,lol.

Latest posts

Back