What kind of rabbit...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kacyrenee

Reaction score
I bought a "Netherland Dwarf" from a pet store about 2 months ago, but he clearly to me is just not a dwarf. He has gotten huge! Do any of you guys know what kind of rabbit he might be?

10foy88.jpg

21edjdz.jpg

I have a rabbit kind of like that and no one can tell what his breed is, he's in my avatar

He's probably a mixed breed with a nethie in there someplace.

Unfortunately, pet stores, and other places will tell buyers they are "dwarfs" or "Mini" so the people think that it's going to stay small....

In truth, they probably don't even know! I've been told very strongly that a little bunny was a mini-rex....... and it didn't have rex fur and the ears were down... lopped. I finally told the person that IF it were a mini-rex I'd give him $100. LOL!

Haha, aw. I should've guessed as much. I kind of dove into getting a rabbit without really putting a ton of thought/research into it first. Pet stores are usually just not a good route to go for anything. But.. I guess it's ok because I love my Benny boy even if he is a crazy little mix. :)

Of course he's PERFECT as a pet! Who cares what breed they are as long as you provide them a loving home and they love you back!

He's precious btw.

Haha, thanks.. I do love him and he seems to love me back. :p

The other day I was driving.. And a bunny ran out in front of me.. I couldn't stop in time, and knicked him slightly and just started bawling.. (Although after turning around because I was convinced I could take him to the vet, I got out and he was just fine! :D) . It's so weird still to think that I own one of these creatures and he is so friendly and loving with me. He looks so much like a wild rabbit! Haha

People always think my rabbit is a wild rabbit. I read somewhere that the agouti colouring is common in buns that are really mixed breed, I think they are like a breed of their own.

Yeah.. My mom was just like.. I have one of those in the yard you could've had for free. :biggrin2:

Wouldn't that be funny if he had flemish in him? I was told he was a dwarf, and he just may be a giant. :)

Do you know how much he weighs or could you weigh him? That can really help determine what he could have in him.

I weighed him today. He is a solid little butterball, weighing in at around 3-3.5 pounds. :)

My rabbit, Coco, is a sort of crazy mix too that noone can really identify and when I bought her i knew very little about rabbits. In fact I bought her as a male and ended up with two litters....
Even though she is rather Sooty Fawn than Agouti she reminds me of a wild rabbit too. When she's in the garden she really blens in with her invironment.

Yeah I didn't know anything about rabbits when I bought mine. I'm learning as I go. I really like having him as a pet though.. He's perfect. He's actually really tame and I don't think I could've found a better match, personality wise. When I bought him they told me they "thought" it was a boy.. But after research and pictures, I just sexed him myself. I've never taken him outside, but he would blend in really well too!

I bought a "Lionheaed" at an auction a month or two ago. Looks like she's a clean cross between a Lionhead and a NZ or a Dwarf. She's my all time favorite now. She just loves me! When I got her home she couldn't stop running around and binkying in her tiny cage we thought she was insane! :energizerbunny:

Latest posts

Back