What kind of Rabbit do I have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty011nk

Reaction score
I got a rabbityesterday...Her name is pebbles.Somebody came into where Iwork(Petsmart)and she told me that her 2 year old son was abusing thispoor rabit and she needed to find her a new home.So I decided to takeher.She is a little bit under 2 years old.But the woman she was givento me by didnt even know what kind she is.I thought maybe you couldhelp me out...

thank you...your guess is better than mine..idont even know the breeds of rabbits..I guess I will wait and see howmany people agree with you....You never know you could be right.
But thank you for the reply:D

Thank you...Blade is very pretty.How old is he?
I wish mine was still a small baby but I guess it is better me have her then to have her continue to be abused.
I dont think they ever gave her carrots or anything like that because Icant seem to get her to eat them.Maybe she doesnt like them or maybescense I only got her yesterday she doesnt trust me enough?What do youthink?
Yeah I have a feeling that I will end up being another pest.
But thank you for your help
Michelle

i think she looks like a mini-rex like my mr licks! :) but i agree, pam will know best! :)

here's my baby on his favorite perch of the moment..the tub

mrlicksbath.jpg

She looks a lot like your mr licks!!!
When you say mini rex doesnt that mean small??
My pebbles is not exactly what you would call small lol:?

Shorty,

ALL of the bunnies on the webpage are rescues - Blade, Luna (notpictured) and Storm were all about to be eaten - an evil, evil man wastrying to feed them to his dog for 'fun' so I took themawayfromhim. All my wrigglies belong to Blade, so 6 inadvertantrescues, cos I had no idea she was pregnant (or was a she for thatmatter...)

Isis was just unwanted and I got her from a man who handed her to meand ran, but at least she seemed well looked after. I think she too ispregnant - squillions of wriggly rescues.

I think it's brill you took bunny in - if it weren't for people doingthis, there'd be tons of unwanted ones. I just wish people wouldrecognise the huge committment involved before taking the cute littlefluffball home, which turns into a big massive bunny who needs moretime and cuddles than people are prepared to give. Besides, you can'tcuddle baby ones properly! ;)Try her with some greens - mineADORE bread but I'm sure it's not good for them. Saying that, Bladesnatched a raisin and oatmeal cookie from me this afternoon.....chompedaway happily!

Good luck - she's beautiful, and appreciates her new home, I'm sure!

Linz x

well mr licks is pretty chubby lol, but minirexes average about 4 lbs full grown i think. however, if she's biggermaybe she's a regular size rex :) is she very very soft ?i've never felt a bunny softer than my two mini rexes.

Oh my gosh!!! That is horrible...Why would anybody do a thing like that?
I have owned a bunny once before...She was a dwarf but that is all I knew.
Yeah pebbles is not small...But she seems scared of me.I try to holdher and she usually just sits on my belly but she is very jumpy andalways wants to be in her cage.Do you think she will out grow that?
I am a sucker for animals that need a home.My mom always told me when Igot out of her house I could have as many as I wanted...I moved out ayear ago(im only 19) and I did just that...cats,rats,degus and now abunny.
Also do you think she needs a friend?Or is she too old to be introduced to one?she is almost 2

I felt a bunny once that felt like velvet...Itsfur just made your fingers melt.But pebbles fur is not like that...Shefeels like she has normal fur.Kindof like a kitty cat

Just give her some time - mine all 'hated' me fora few days; now they steal my biscuits! I've had them all less than afortnight - Oz and Sadd were my own but I added 8 in the last week anda bit because of stupid people...

Don't get a friend yet - some (like Luna and Isis) don't take to newbuns. Isis had a very nasty bite on her eyelid when I introduced her toLuna. :?Just let Pebbles get to know YOU first, then see.Buck is v. helpful on bonding - he helped me earlier this week. Justpersevere - take nice treats to her, and let HER come to you!

Is it normal for her to not want anything that I give her?
It worries me...Arent carrots and such good for them?I cant manage to get her to eat them

Thats good to know...Maybe she is still upsetabout leaving her family over over a year for somebody she has neverseen before.I guess I would be kindof upset also.Just hopefully shewill come around.I dont want her to hate me forever!!!
That wouldnt be too good

She doesn't hate you- she wouldn't havelet you photograph her if that were the case! Nasty bunnies tend to gofor you!! Relax; let her settle in, and leave her treats with her.She'll probably eat overnight. If not, re-post and everyone will help!

Welcome to the forum, by the way!:D

i wouldnt worry too much about the carrots..they're pretty high in sugar and i dont think any of us really feed ourbuns carrots on a regular basis.. for awhile i'd give mr licks 1 babycarrot a day.. but my other bun princess wont eatthem! she's very picky, so maybe your bun just doesnt likecarrots :)

Oops, Spiced: I gave Blade 4 hugeones in one day after she'd had the kits - she was STARVING and onlythe carrots seemed to satisfy her and stop her pulling the bars! :?

I'm clearly a bad mother..........;)

Latest posts

Back