What kind of carrier?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minilopbun

Reaction score
Hi everyone in 2 weeks I'll be going home for spring break and will need to take my bunny with me. The ride is 2 and a half hours long so I want to make sure he's comfortable the whole time. He's really adaptable so I don't think it will be a huge problem. When I took him to his first vet visit, he was in a small carrier that was basically like a box (the vet is only a 3 minute car ride) so I didn't think I needed a big carrier yet. Now, my question is, would a soft carrier be bad? Would my bunny chew threw it? I don't mind a hard carrier but I feel like a soft one would be more comfortable. I'm not sure. What do you all think?

My personal preference for bunnies, is to avoid soft carriers at all costs. They can and will dig/chew their way out. A hard carrier is a must, you can always line with fleece blankets etc to make it soft :)

A hard carrier is best. And safest. If you can get one that open from the top as well then bonus! Soft sided carriers move and bend too much.

Cat-Carriers.jpg

It should be if its a hard plastic.
But doors get bashed around a fair bit more and plastic doors would tend to crack and break.

As well some plastic carrier are cheap and sort of useless, the hard plastic ones don't flex as much as some cheapy plastic ones.

Latest posts

Back