what is this eye thing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this is in this kits eye. The otherside is normal. Both parents are normal and 2 other kits are normal. This one and another have this weird eye. Is this genetic? Is it blindness?? all the kits are doing good at this time they are 5 weeks old.

Any info is helpful.

Harliewierdeye.jpg

Thank you

Kim

It almost looks like he is blind. I used to have a rabbit and his eyes were clouded like that. He was just legally blind, he could see basic shapes and all. Just not color and details.

Oh no! I hope it's nothing serious.:(

But like BSAR said, she had a litter of kits and one of them had a cloudy eye and he turned out blind. But is the kit's eye like goopy or teary?

Karlee

I had a cat that had that and it was scar tissue that formed over the eye and he is partially blind. I agree the bun should see a vet. I know buns and cats are different so hopefully it is something else but I would take the bun to the vet to be sure. I know with my cat the faster they could treat it the more they could stop the scar tissue from growing over the eyeand casusing more problems/scar tissue.The more scar tissue the more that it will effect their vision.

Is it like in the eye, or on the eye? I can't really see from that pic.

At the rescue I volunteer with they have two siblings who had strange 'ulcers' on their eyes and they looked a bit like that. I say 'ulcers' because that's what the vet said it was, but the vet is not rabbit savvy at all so could have been something else.

Either way, the babes do need a vet, I agree with everyone else.

The babies eyes are not weepy or anything, and they can see. other than it looking strange nothing seems wrong with them. It's more like their pupils are a light blue color rather than black. The rest of the eye is normal and so is the other eye (its only in one eye on two differantbabies).

~Hayley

Latest posts

Back