What is my rabbit's gender???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle86

Reaction score
Hey, I just got a new baby bunny, and they weren't able to tell me what it's gender was at the pet store. I haven't checked a rabbit's gender in awhile. I have an older male rabbit, but it is so much harder to tell when they are young. The picture is a little blurry, but can anyone tell what his/her gender is with confidence?

gender.jpg

It's not a great pic but I'm gonna guess male. It looks round to me. We'll see what other people say. LOl.

:)...April

Just a guess, but I'd have to say male. In the absence of testicals, you can rub the belly area if you're bunny is co-operative--male rabbits are the only mammals that don't have nipples.

Honestly, you cant accurately sex a rabbit just from looking alone unless they are old enough to have testicles. Well, I cant anyway. Try and gently place a finger to each side of the rabbit's genitals and apply a light pressure down. The penis should appear.

Here is what a male will look like.

Here is what a female will look like.

Hope this helps! :bunny24

PS - I'm not positive if male rabbit's have visible nipples or not. However, if they do not then they are not the only mammals without visible nipples. :p Male hamsters, Rats, and Mice do not have them. I'm positive of that.

They say round like a donut- male. If it looks like a taco-female.

His looks round from the pic. :)

Moved to the Rabbitry area for you.

The picture is blurry, so it is difficult to say for sure, but I am leaning towards female. The top is round, but it looks like the bottom is pinched in to make more of a "Taco".

Can you try to get a less blurry picture? Make sure to pull the genitals nice an open, push the top right back away from the anus. You're doing good in the picture, but a little bit more would make the genitals more pronounced and easier to see a difference.

--Dawn

Looks like a female to me :) A male would pop out and be more round at the top, a better picture would be great though.

Okay here's a better pic.

From what you guys have said about the shape of the genitals I think it's a female too.

gender2.jpg

Latest posts

Back