What IS Cleo - conflicting ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishmist

Reaction score
So what is she, I was told by the vetthat she is an English Spot (and yes this vet handles bunnies on aregular basis) but she does not seem to have the shape that spots havenor does she have the ear colour. I was then told that shewas a Dwarf Hotot, because of the shape on her body, face, eyes and thesize of her ears. But she has spots and a black stripe downher back. Now I am really confused, my suspicions is that sheis a mix and that when we bought her, they were misinformed aswell. She is almost a year old and weighs approximately 2.5lbs. Any help out there?????

Susan

Woah.

She is very cute, first of all.

I would also say she is a mix. Don't English Spots have a full stripe? Her's only goes half way.

Maybe she is a dwarf Hotot mix, as she is so small.

English Spots are 5 to 8 lbs, not 2.5 lbs.

It's possible she's a mix but I can't tell much more than that from the picture or the description, maybe someone else can.

It's definately not a pure EnglishSpot. I had one once and he was a big ole' boy, and had the full stripeand spots. As has already been said, she's probably a mix.

It appears as it could be a DwarfHotot. It could be possible that its a purebred Dwarf Hototas you get mismarks like that pop up in litters. :D

That bun is way too small to be an EnglishSpot. At 2.5 lbs I would say you've got a mismarkedDwarf Hotot. ;)

I don't know what she is 'cause I have no idea on picking breeds LOL
But I do know she is one CUTE lookin' bunny!!!:D:D:D

She does indeed look like a Dwarf Hotot -- ofcourse there is no way to know if she is purebred or a mix.Mismarked Dwarf Hotots are not uncommon.Most certainly not an English Spot ;)

Pam

I vote for mismarked dwarf hotot.Many markedbreeds have a lot of mismarked babies.I only get one to three showablebunnies in my dutch litters.bluebird

Latest posts

Back