What is a good litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleEskimo

Reaction score
To help make cleaning out my rabbits hutch easier I have bought a cat litter tray to fit into her bedroom/loo area. That way I can pull it out, throw the litter in the bin, and refill it :)
But what is a good litter? I always thought that the wood pellets for small animals was good (never used it but everyone says its good) and i was going to by some but my pet shop suddenly stopped stocking them D: whats a good litter in your opinion/experience?

I use aspen. It's cheaper than paper litters but safe for buns (unlike pine/cedar/corn cob/cat litter/etc). But a lot of people recommend wood stove pellets.

I do use wood shavings but I don'y find they are that absorbent and they stay soggy and wet so I was going to try a new litter that dries out and is absorbent :)

Yesterday's News is the best bunny litter I think you'll ever find. I get it in the kitty bag, its bigger and the same as the bunny stuff. They just had the kitty one now at our Petstore but they said its the same stuff. Just 'kitty' because of a bigger bag.

I use Megazorb. It comes in 80litre bags and only costs £7-£8 per bag. It lasts me around 2 weeks.

I used to use Carefresh but it was too expensive for me to use.

I use aspen. It safe for the rabbits if they eat it and absorbs urine and the smell. Newspaper shred's work pretty good to but it doesn't hide the smell of urine. DON'T use cat litter!!! If your rabbit eats it it will clump in his stomach and he WILL die!!! D: Wood shavings aren't the best either.... Hope this helped!! :) have fun with you bunny!

Latest posts

Back