what does this behavior mean?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagneticLove

Reaction score
piksi (which just found out is a boy) was in his cage and i opened in to clean his litter box. well when i finished he started to circle around my hand round and round then he would circle the opposite way it looked like he was dancing with my hand. this is the first time he ever done this

anyone know what this means?

It's likely your bunny has matured and is courting you, especially if it's accompanied by a musky smell or soft grunting. Dunkin did this right before we got him neutered.

So it may be time to take him and get snipped by a qualified and experienced rabbit savvy vet.

Yup, that sounds like a bunny who wants to make bunny babies with you :D You will probably find that in the not too distant he starts to try and hump after having circled for bit. If you picked him up and turned him over after he was circling you would probably see how excited he was.

He is started to show the signs of a bunny who needs to be neutered soon. Is that something you plan to do?

MagneticLove wrote:
piksi (which just found out is a boy) was in his cage and i opened in to clean his litter box. well when i finished he started to circle around my hand round and round then he would circle the opposite way it looked like he was dancing with my hand. this is the first time he ever done this

anyone know what this means?
he is hot to trot for you :biggrin2:;)

If you were sitting on the floor or standing, he would most likely be circling you. I had a shelter bun that was quite enamored with me. And yes, you could see his excitement. It was somewhat embarrassing when you are talking to people trying to get them adopted!

slavetoabunny wrote:
If you were sitting on the floor or standing, he would most likely be circling you.** I had a shelter bun that was quite enamored with me. And yes, could see his excitement. It was somewhat embarrassing when you are talking to people trying to get them adopted!
LOL!!

oh my! my bunny is not a baby anymore! lol yes i do plan on getting him neutered i dont want him being all grumpy with me and humping me hehe is there a dead line when i cant neuter him no more?

loppalove wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I had a shelter bun that was quite enamored with me. And yes, you could see his excitement. It was somewhat embarrassing when you are talking to people trying to get them adopted!
lol!! hillarious...:biggrin2:
Honest folks....once he's neutered your arm is safe! I would take Sass out into the pen for playtime and sit in the pen with him. He would run circles around me and then get frisky with my arm. Over and over again.

Latest posts

Back