What days do some of you clean out ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 150 cages, and 1/3 of them are done everyday (so each cage is done every 3 days).

Pam

I do Chinnys cage every time I take her out forplaytime. She gets out for playtime a couple hours a day if I can, soduring that time, I change the newspaper in the bottom, put in freshhay and clean the litter box. Once a week, I wipe down the plastic withsome soapy water and clean it really good

Virginia

I've only had my rabbits for 2 weeks and I'mfinding I'm cleaning out their cage everyday. I empty out thelitter box and floor of the cage in a trash bag then spray the bottomof the cage with a hose and dry with a towel. At first I wasusing aspen for the bedding and litter box but found that was gettingto messy, so now I only put the aspen in the litter box and leave therest of the cage bare. My rabbits seem to like the bare floorplus it makes it a whole lot easier and cheaper to clean. Itonly takes me about 20 min. in the morning when the rabbits are outsidein the playpen.

I hope this is helpful.

Charlie

ayglnu13 wrote:
Wow how to you manage all that????? :shock:
Do you guys have like a routine or something?

~Amy

Most certainly :dude: It runs like clockwork. I dothe cages after dinner (takes about 15 -20minutes to do 50cages.)

Stephanie does the feeding everynight and Matthew fills the waterbottles on the cages that have them (most of the rabbitry is on an autowater system).

Everyone pitches in to do breeding. Toenailclipping/grooming is done in "blocks" -- sometimes as many as 50rabbits in a day.

I go out in the morning to feed doe and litters, and to take care of the New Zealands in another part of the barn.

Pam

I tend to clean out Tufty every 3 days or so, asshe lives in a hutch outside most of the time so yes,sheneeds to be kept clean, but her hutch doesn't get thatsmelly.Every timeI clean her outI sprayitdown with disinfectanthutch cleaner to keepawaythe bugs and Iscrub thefloors, andput in new hay andwood shavings.

She usually has an hour or so runnin' around while I'm doingthis, and of course exercise each day when she's not getting cleanedout.

Do you think thats alright?

Thanks! Blueberry & Tufty XXX

Charliesangel888 wrote:
I clean my rabbits everyday but do the MAJOR cleaningusually on sundays...how about the rest of you?

Me too! ;)

Major cleaning and scrapingevery day , weathers getting warmer and idont want or need flyproblems ,

I have 17 cages of adults somewith babies thesystem is scoop scrape plop , sweep upthe floor , takes about anhour maybe an hour and a half.

My buns are all litter trained. Ivacuum out their cages with the shop vac to get any stray poops or foodor hay daily and change the litter boxes every other day. Thewhole cages get wiped down with animal safe cleanser once a week.

Jen

Jen whichcleaner do you use thatssafe for rabbits I havebeen just using hot water and apower sparayer? I haventfound anything i ma comfortable withusing yet , My old standby bleach I wont usein wodden cages because itstays in the wood too long.

i clean my buns out every 3 days i no its oundssilly bt i dont liek the thought of them being in dirty beds oranythink like that lol!! but i do propperly clean out every sunday!

With my (wonderful beautiful thank you Dad!) newcages, I clean out once every six months, if that. It's great. My sixyr. old doe loves her 3x5 mansion, and both rabbits innewcages are absolutely spotlessly white on the underside.

Her offspring are in older cages that we made some mistakes on (i.e.putting the legs and supports inside the cage wall so stuffcollects in the bathroom corner. Never again.). They will getnewmansions in July, hopefully. I almost never cleanthesleeping boxes, but the cage part needs some sort of dailycleaning.

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
With my (wonderful beautiful thank you Dad!) new cages, Iclean out once every six months, if that. It's great. My six yr. olddoe loves her 3x5 mansion, and both rabbits in newcages areabsolutely spotlessly white on the underside.

Her offspring are in older cages that we made some mistakes on (i.e.putting the legs and supports inside the cage wall so stuffcollects in the bathroom corner. Never again.). They will getnewmansions in July, hopefully. I almost never cleanthesleeping boxes, but the cage part needs some sort of dailycleaning.

Rose

Once every 6 months? How does that work out??

Charliesangel888 wrote:
Once every 6 months? How does that work out??

Outdoor, wire-floored hutches. I clean winter bedding out of thesleeping boxes once every six months, but I really don't need to. Theykeep the boxes quite clean overall.

I shovel the poop under the cages as needed (just turn it under and letthe earthworms turn it into lovely soil), but that takes about 10 min.and doesn't need doing too often.

Obviously, it's different with indoor, litter-trained rabbits! But mine are all outdoors.

Rose

Latest posts

Back