What colour babies are these?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yorkshire_Chinchilla

Reaction score
P1010357.jpg

P1010356.jpg

P1010355.jpg

P1010353.jpg

P1010359.jpg

Broken Black, Broken(booted) Chinchilla, Broken Tort? Or maybe a Broken Castor as Melinda said. And for the other two I'd guess either Ermine or Frost point :)

i vote broken tort for the third but hope it would be castor. Wouldnt it be bad to have agoutis and shadeds in the same litter?

Let me review my rules. In my little genetics guideline I have self x self = no agoutis...... I wrote it so idk. Might be a typo. It is strange to have agouti and shadeds.

Those last two look like they have a little bit of shading and the broken is probably a tort

There are no shadeds in this litter. Ermines are a kind of agouti.... They are a chinchilla with little to no color.

The key to the 3rd babies color is in the ears.... It has lacing. This would make it a broken castor. It is a bad castor, so the color along the back doesn't have any rings.....

Also, self X self wont produce agouti, unless one of the selfs is a self agouti, such as a self chin, which usually looks like a self with scattered white hairs.

However, agouti X agouti can produce self....

TCRabbitry wrote:
Also, self X self wont produce agouti, unless one of the selfs is a self agouti, such as a self chin, which usually looks like a self with scattered white hairs.

However, agouti X agouti can produce self....
Self chins are just thatchin gene with the agouti gene: aa b_ Cchd_ d_ E_ They don't have the agouti gene, so can't produce agoutis. We have a self chin Mini Satin. It's pure black (no white hairs), but does have blue eyes.

Latest posts

Back