What can Young Rabbits eat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenjiAndBabs

Reaction score
I have a 14 week old male, and a 6 week oldfemale. I don't really know what types of food that they are allowedand not allowed. I am currently looking on other pages for info too.

Is it okay to give them grass from my garden?

Thanks.

I feed babies young rabbits unlimited pelletsand alfalfa hay until they get to be 6 months old. I personally dontintroduce any veggies until they are 5 or 6 months old, but I know thatthere are some members of the forum who give their baby bunnies veggieswith out any problems. You just have to go VERY slow, making sure thatthe greens are not causing a problem with their stomachs :)

With the grass, you need to be carefull and make sure that there are no bugs or pesticides on the grass :)

~Amy

I personally would suggest getting them off thecolorfull stuff, as the stuff in it is just full of empty calories :)Oxbow is a really good one, I personally use nutriphase because it isthe only thing they sell around here, basically anything that has atleast 12% crude protein and at least 18% crude fiber will do.

~Amy

Yup just add a little bit of the new food on thefirst day and then gradually add a little more over a couple of weeks:) The colorfull stuff is just too high in sugar to be usefull for thebunny :D

~Amy

Check the ingredients on the package.Your pellets should be alfalfa based pellets for bunnies undersix months. After six months, use Timothy basedpellets.

Rainbows! :angel:

Latest posts

Back