What breed is our Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuniculus

cuniculus
Reaction score
Can someone please tell us what breed of rabbit we have?
He's chocolate brown all over with black extremities, like seal-point Siamese etc.
We were told he's a 'Ryan' but I can't find any breed called this.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
A picture speaks a thousand words, so I'll try and post a pic to assist the process...

PeterRabbit.jpg

He looks like a mix. The closest he may represent is the american sable, but the white paws make him unshowable.

Thanks very much for your responses everyone. I think he looks like an Americam Sable as well.

Does anyone know if the patchiness on the coat is from moulting?

He looks like a dwarf mix or poorly bred dwarf. He looks WAY too small to be an american sable. sables are large meat rabbits. being that a bunch of other breeds come in the color, and are far more common, I would be more willing to guess that he is a dwarf mix....

His color would be siamese sable. The patching is most likely from molt. The copper color is the dead hair. Brushing and time can resolve this.

it screams dwarf cross. American sables are one of the endangered breeds. Which leads me to believe that it is NOT an american sable. Not only that, but it also has the white feet. Which also makes me think dwarf cross. Dwarfs have Bew. If someone bred a BEW, VC, or VM (Blue Eyed White, Vienna Carrier, or Vienna Marked), to either another badly bred dwarf or another breed.

However, I can see this as being a "purebred" dwarf. I have seen "purebred", even pedigreed purebred dwarfs that have looked like this or worse.....

It may also be a BEW polish mixed with a dwarf.

It is a sable, in color. It is blotchy because of a moult, and the dead coat. After it's moult, it's true coloring will come back.

Latest posts

Back