What a good book I just found

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malo

Reaction score
My mom went to the library and came back with anew release about rabbits. Little did she know that this would lead tome reading outloud about adopting a rabbit from a shelter and how goodhearted it would be :)

It has information on everything from the first days, finding theperfect bun, history, medical problems, surgery, feed, caring forspecial needs rabbits, bunny body language, and more

I highly suggest it. It is called "A House Rabbit Primer" by Lucile c. Moore

Yup, adopting is a great thing to do. I'm taking 2 adopted bunnies home from the shelter on Sunday

Ok, a dumb question...is a shelter the same asthe Humane Society? Well, the Humane Society has threebunnies I want to save SO bad! I wish I could afford morebunnies. Also wish I had more time in a day for more buns tojointhe herd :D We are the strangest herdI've ever seen.

Great thing to do! I am happy to hear about any crittersbeing saved from shelters/or the Humane Society. You aresetting great examples that should be (and I am sure WILL befollowed)! Love & Hugs! K

Thanks Malo for the suggestion! I amalways on the look out for the latest and most informational rabbitbooks out there! Yeah, call me a nerd! I will definitely check this oneout! :D

-k

Kricket wrote:
Ok, a dumb question...is a shelter the same as the HumaneSociety? Well, the Humane Society has three bunnies I want tosave SO bad! I wish I could afford more bunnies.Also wish I had more time in a day for more buns to jointheherd :D We are the strangest herd I've ever seen.

"Humane Society," "SPCA," etc. are all general terms that are used byshelters.. they aren't affiliated with each other oranything. For example, the animal shelter near me is theHumane Society of Huron Valley, a small private shelter, but they arenot affiliated with the Michigan Humane Society, a larger, state-basedshelter.

Oh, OK, thanks Blackthorn. So,basically anywhere you can adopt a pet is a shelter. Thanks,I am kind of a dork. :D

"A House Rabbit Primer" is a greatbook! So is "House Rabbit Handbook," which is coming out witha 4th edition. They are both written by long-time houserabbit owners who are also involved in rescue. I especiallylike the symptoms and diseases table that helps you figure out whetheryou should go to the vet and what to ask about/point out.

Latest posts

Back