West Wind's Rabbitry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
This is my intermediate doe, TLC's Adeline. She goes back to Etienne, with quite a bit of Robison in there. I have no knowledge of those lines, other than I was told it was "good". LOL

She's a bit stand-offish, though. When I got her, I thought it was because she wasn't handled much. After 2 months, there's not a lot of improvement. She'll at least let you touch her, once she gets to the back of the cage. But the whole time you're holding or petting her, she has her eyes tightly shut. It reminds me of when the kids were little and they'd close their eyes, thinking that would help. LOL

adeline_head_sm.jpg
adeline_sm.jpg

She still needs a LOT more practice with posing, but at least she's staying in one place longer than 2 seconds. LOL

This is my junior buck, who was born on October 19th. His name is Waltz's Max (wasn't named when we got him, we started calling him Max, breeder put Dakota on his pedigree, but he's a Max. LOL).

He has sooooo much personality! He's definitely becoming my favorite. I can't wait to see how he does on the show table.

max2_sm3.jpg

This is Clover Patch Jackie, our 2 yr. old senior Californian buck. This is my daughter's favorite rabbit, by far, and the one she spoils rotten. LOL His lines are all Al's lines. MASSIVE rabbit, for sure!

jack.jpg

This is TLC's Twilight. Her lines are all Al's lines, too. She's not as friendly as Jack, but more so than Adeline. She was born in April, but hasn't been shown (we didn't get her until October). I can't wait to see how she does at the shows, and hopefully she'll produce some nice meat pens for my daughter.

twila2.jpg

This is TT'A Nora, our senior Mini Lop doe. The person I bought her from said she was proven on the show table and throws nice babies. Not sure what we're doing to do with her, because we aren't going to breed Mini Lops. Right now I have her for sale. I'd consider giving her away, provided it was a good home. Otherwise, she can just hang out with Romeo. :)

nora.jpg
nora_top.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, is Romeo! He was supposed to be a Mini Lop, but there's no way. LOL He's not as big as Nora, and not even close. But he's got character. Well, I call it character. The kids, they call him annoying. haha Anyway, neutering is in his near future, and then hopefully he can hang out with Nora.

romeo.jpg

Nancy McClelland wrote:
:pet: Nice looking bunch. Some will have boatloads of personality and others not so much. We had a gorgeous Netherland Dwarf that took over 4 years to get used to handling and to be even remotely friendly.

Thanks! Adeline is super hard to pose, too. You get her on the table, then touch one side and she leans against you. I've been picking her up and setting her back down when she leans, but it's aggravating. And I highly doubt a judge will even try judging her. I know I wouldn't bother.

I have found she does better if I work on posing after she's had time out in the play area. But even then it's not much of an improvement. I keep telling myself, "she's just a baby". And I have no clue on how to get her to keep her eyes open. LOL

Here are some of our horses. I'm happy to say that we've sold 3 of the 5 that I wanted sold before winter. Now we're down to 7. Gotta get the horse numbers down so I have more time for the buns. :)

This is Gypsy. It's my daughter's AQHA mare. They show in all the speed events, plus do Team Penning and Sorting.

gypsy.jpg

And this is my "forever" horse. I started riding and showing him when he was 2 (belonged to friends) and bought him when he was 3. He carried my butt around to shows every weekend, from spring until late fall. Even when pregnant with the twins and the following year with my daughter, without a care in the world. He's turning 17 this year, and will NEVER leave the farm. Here he is now, enjoying his new job as "lawn mower" in the front yard. LOL

76757_1679607275776_1405356771_1754362_3220153_n.jpg

And here's a shot of him with my daughter, when she used to show him:
n1405356771_426096_5601458.jpg
n1405356771_426094_6163765.jpg

This is Piper, my Black Lab. Yes, she needs a diet. LOL

piper.jpg

Piper as a puppy, at a horse show. Kitty and Piper spent many an hour sleeping under the awning at shows, between her classes.

188991_1004534919389_1405356771_4495_6147_n.jpg

Our other dog, Luca. He's a Texas Heeler, and a pain in my butt! He was a rescue, and we've had him about 5 months now. While he no longer gets on the counter to shop, he refuses to let the garbage alone. It's enough to make you want to strangle you, until he looks at you. Then you melt and forgive him...until the next time. LOL

luca.jpg

What a lovely family :) I can't wait to start hearing of your adventures. The picture of Kitty and Piper together sleeping is so sweet.

I love how long your loppy's ears are. I just want to kiss them all! :inlove:

Thanks, Brandy. :) The ears are my favorite thing...I could sit and pet them all day long. LOL

While Kitty and Piper were taking their nap at the trailer, here's what Arnie was doing in his stall. LOL

183563_1004534799386_1405356771_4493_5525_n.jpg

Max is inside, probably wondering why he's in a smaller cage and a room that doesn't smell like horse. LOL I have to dig him up another shoebox, for his bed. I draped a towel over part of the cage, so he can hide if he wants. Plus the barn, while lighted, isn't as bright as inside the house.

I :hearts Max. :)

Feeling a bit guilty not bringing them all in, but that's just not feasible. :-(

aw so sweet :)

Ellie isn't a lap bunny. She's a neck/shoulder bunny. I put her on my chest and she immediately climbs up to my neck and snuggles as close as she can. I hope she doesn't grow out of it, cuz I love it ;)

Back