Weight Issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrots

Reaction score
Yes i am trying to lose weight. I am only 20 buta childhood of parents letting me eat whatever sweets i wanted hastaken its toll. I find chocolates and crisps my downfall :(Imtrying hard but sometimes it feels im just getting absolutly nowhere. Ilove walking through the countryside but the problem is motivatingmyself to do it.

I hate eating out as i hate eating in front of people..... i alwaysfeel they are watching me and thinking 'she shouldnt be eating'.

At school i was the biggest in my year, its hard been surrounded byskinny bean poles...... not that i want to be skinny. I want a healthycurvy figure not skinny. The problem is getting to a figure that i feelcomfortable with...... there is going to be ALOT of hard work, but cani do it? When im down i comfort eat..... what will i now do when i feeldown?

I have started reading a book called 'The Ode Less Travelled' ByStephen Fry. It is a book that attempts to unlock the poet within. Soim hopeing to focus on writing poetry. I have both the hardback book(for the spelling of poetic terms) and the audiobook (i find it easierto get into it..... plus its read my Mr. Fry), they have poetryexcersises for you to do which are both amusing and serious. Imthrowing myself intoit!!!!!!

:toastingbuns

Luv

Cat x

You can do it, Cat! Do it now while you're young because it will only get harder.

After trying every fad diet in the world, I came to aconclusion. There is no easy way or quick fix. Youreally have to exercise regularly and eat right CONSISTENTLY to behealthy.

It's a constant struggle for me. Ieat pretty good, but I am LAZY. I hate exercising.

I've recently started climbing the stairs at work. There are100 steps from basement to roof - I counted! Up and downseveral times is a pretty good workout. The first time itkilled me, but I'm adapting and now my coworkers are doing it with me,which helps.

Hang in there. Patience is the key. Don't try to doit all at once. If you lose only two pounds per month, itwill add up and you'll be more likely to keep it off.

Good luck!

Good for you!

Don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day now and then, just keep going.

Find a neighborto take walks with. A lot of olderpeople walk around here and love company, plus they have a lot ofinteresting stories to share.

Well i have a dog for now which is a goodexcuse..... then it aint just me. My friends would but their all atwork but they say they would come at weekends.

Gonna log off now but feel free to comment..... i'll read them when i get back on tomorrow.

Take Care

Luv

Cat x

I am trying to loose weight too! It isreally hard as I love cake,chocolate so much. I think havingsoup as one of your meals a day really helps. I lost about 5pounds once when i was on a diet, but then I couldnt go on any more andjust put it back on :?

I also think that getting a hobby is great for losing weight, as I useto eat when Iwas bored in the evenings. Now I have been on abook shopping spree and I read in the evenings. I hardly eatanything in the evenings now.

I blame my parents also! The people my mum works for have gota 6 year old and a 8 year old. And they are only aloud cake,chocolate once a week. To me that is a really goodidea. I wish my parents would of done that to me. If theydid, I wouldnt love all the bad food as much as I do now!

Good luck though!

Oh also I have started doing the stairs at college. Im on the5th floor. It really killed me the first few times I didit. I get really bad asthma so I have to becareful. The tops of my legs really ached when I got to thetop. I am so unfit :?lol I use to be a reallysporty person though. I dont know what happened!

Me andmy Mum are on a GREAT diet. Shelost 3 stone 2 years ago on it and was voted "Woman of the Year" butsadly her class shut down and she could never quite get back ontop ofit and put on 2 stone again!

Its more one of those diets that doesn't make you feel hungry, EVER.But you don't loose weight really quickly. The average is 2 pounds aweek, 3 pounds is amazing, and 1 pound is great too! Its like pointsystems. All fruit is free, all verggies are free (except potatoes - bybiggest downfall!). You have red days and green days. On red days meatis free but foods like pasta rice and bread aren't. On green days itsthe opposite, pasta and rice and stuff like that is free but you haveto "pay" for your meat out fo these things called "syns". You get 10syns a day but you don't have to use them all up!

Its fantastic. I've been living off oranges which i just love. Andtoast with marg and marmite is almost free (thankgod!) You shouldseriously look into it. Its called Slimming World.

It is brilliant. I think satsumas are probablyjust as tasty as a packet of Haribo and i get the satisfaction ofthinking "hey, this is healthy!". At school i have something like anegg sandwhich or tuna, bit of carb while i'm still growing. I get home,eat like a bag of grapes (they're so small you can pop them in yourmouth and they feel just like little sweeties!). Then at dinner we havesomething like last night, chicken stir-fry which was completley freeapart from our jar of sauce which was around 2 syns between me and mymum. We also often have jacket potatoes with chill con carne. All thesethings actually taste better than a plate of fish and chips i think!Its so yummy and i feel great already even though ive only been on it afew days! Seriously try it, and go to the classes, they help a greatdeal for motivation!

im on a diet too:)
i lost 13 pounds last week and how do i reward myself? with a chinnese take away:?
my diet is very hard though

Ive been using fitday.com to track my calorieintake/outtake since 2002. It helped me loose 45lbs to get to goalweight. I still use it now to maintain.

That's a pretty neat website!

My mom has many food allergies, and always worries about hernutritional intake, and her calories. I'm going to tell herabout it.

I should probably be watching my eating habits, as a preventitivemeasure. I've probably gained about 10 pounds since movingout on my own, so I should maybe take a look at how I'm eating...

It's pretty cool to see everything lays out like that.

--Dawn

Sorry to bring this topic back up the board

I just want to thank you all for you kind words and ideas on how tolose weight. :hug:<----------- Big hug to you all

Love

Cat x

i dont think it REALLY matters whatweight you are as long as you are a nice person on theinside. i wold say i am just under average or slim but i dontcare what a person looks like really.

xxestelllexx GOOD luck!! :)

Hi,

Just remember to do this only for you and no oneelse. As someone who has struggled with an eating disorder for most ofher teens and now heads a support group for young girls, it is easy tofall into not doing it for the right reasons.

Good for your for wanting to be healthy, and writingis an amazing thing. I have over twenty journals (I lost count :?) andit has helped me so much.

Tip: Do not think food is your enemy. It is great tohave comfort food, but make sure it is the right kind. Also, don't'diet', they are useless. A vegan diet (when researched and doneintelligently, as with all lifestyles) is the most healthy. Now, I amnot just saying that because I am an ethical vegan, but ask anutritionist or your doctor what a good diet consists of. Chances are,a lifestyle low in animal products takes the cake. Just ask the peoplewho live in the mediterannian!

Good luck with everything. Rember though, you arebeautiful as you are no matter what. Ya got charm girl, now you writesome poems and kick some ass!

Goodluck and best wishes to everyone trying to lose weight ! Istruggle with it , too. Well, o.k., maybe I don't strugglevery hard. :?

Sometimes wish we couldleave food for good like some people are able to leave alcohol andnever go near it again. Family get-togethers and evenings area big downfall for me. One thing I'm trying is portioncontrol to try to shrink my stomach size.

Some actresses that havepreviously looked beautiful are starting to look unhealthy. If you losetoo much , you can look scrawny instead ofslim/slender.

Kudos to everyone trying to do a difficult thing !!!!:)

Kadish Tolesa :purplepansy:

turbotina wrote:
Ive been using fitday.com to track my calorie intake/outtakesince 2002.
I started using this today and it's great! Thank you!

I'm trying to cut meat out of my diet and this tracks protein for me(along with calories, fat and carbs) so I don't have toworry! I love it!

:D

Ooh girl, I feel your pain. I'vestruggled with being overweight my entire life. In January ofthis year I started Weight Watchers for about the 50th time but thistime I actually stuck to it. As of last week, I've lost95lbs. I'm still very overweight (I fell into the morbidlyobese category at 381.8lbs) but I feel so much better than I did 11months ago! I can only imagine how I'll feel when I'm at agood healthy weight.

Like you, I don't want to be "thin", I want to be healthy.:) I would highly recommend WW if you're struggling, theyreally concentrate on healthy eating and correct portionsize. And for a food addict like me - it's saved mylife. :)

I've got a blog that talks about my weight loss and has photo's etc. If you want to take a look at it the address is:

http://fatchickdiaries.spaces.live.com/

Anytime you want to chat about losing weight, just pm me, I'm always available to talk. :)

Good luck, I know you can do this!

95lbs well done:D i wish i had will power.
my mom did a diet called lipotrim and she lost alot on it.
if i avoid chocolate and junk for a week i usually loose alot but i find it so hard.
i was slightly over weight when i was 12 and 13 and because off that i developed a eating disorder.
what makes me stay on my diet is if i buy a gorgeous dress in a sizesmaller it kind of gives me willpower to avoid that evil chocolate

samixXx wrote:
95lbs well done:D i wish i had will power.
my mom did a diet called lipotrim and she lost alot on it.
if i avoid chocolate and junk for a week i usually loose alot but i find it so hard.
i was slightly over weight when i was 12 and 13 and because off that i developed a eating disorder.
what makes me stay on my diet is if i buy a gorgeous dress in a sizesmaller it kind of gives me willpower to avoid that evil chocolate

hee hee good idea! LOL!

Latest posts

Back