We need to organize a bunny get together/ BBQ

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! Dawn, you're snapping up all my dishes. ;) I just started making potato salad, homous was my usual.

I'll think of something. Maybe bags of that unhealthy but delicious sea-salt and pepper no-name potato chips. ;)

If we do your place, is there a Skytrain near you? I don't know the cross street for the 29th Ave. stop, but if you're picking up Spring, I can arrange to arrive at the same time. (I have no trouble on the Skytrain, but the city buses can throw me for a loop).

(I do desperately need litter though).

Is Denise on this thread? We need to PM her and the others. I have a wedding, too, but I think its next weekend. This weekend seems clear. (I hope!)

sas :bunnydance:

The Nanamio/29th Ave Skytrain station is pretty close. If I'm coming from Surrey, then any skytrain along the way will work for me to do a pick up. I can do Nanamio, 29th ave, Rupert, Renfrew, Commercial/Broadway. Lots of choices.

I can do a drop off after the party at the skytrain as well.

What time do we want to have the party? It sounds like an afternoonish party would work best for spring. Would we like to start at 3pm?

Do we have a guest list of who has been invited and who still needs to be contacted?

--Dawn

My dad said he'd be able to pick me up, so don't have to worry about riding the skytrain late at night, so I'm fine with going till any time now.

I stopped by April's work (Pixiestixxx) but she has to work on Saturday. Too bad. (Was Sunday ruled out btw?)

Haven't had a chance to ask Denise and Rosanna. I know I'm forgetting others, hmmm...

sas :ponder:

Have we heard back from anyone? :) Awww, too bad April couldn't make it. I'm able to do Sunday as well?

Just wondering if things are still a go :D!

Sunday works for me too it more people can make it.

Any time works for me really as well. We can do dinner time for 6ish if that makes it easier for people.

I spoke with Bummytime, and she's going away to Montreal, so she can't make it. Too bad, I love her bunnies and she probably would have brought them with her.

For planning purposes, I live near Fraser St and 25th Ave in Vancouver. If you need the exact address, please PM me.

--Dawn

Sounds good! Has anyone contacted dquesnel? I know in anther thread she mentioned she'd love to have a meet up.

I can do either day, works fine for me.. so just let me know!

I can do either day as well. Peter won't be coming with me unfortunately since I'm going to have to have him looked at for mites again and I don't want him around other buns at the moment just in case it is mites.

Maybe I'll bring Bab's....we'll see she is sort of the devil in a bunnies body.:eek:hwell:

I have to hunt down April about Sunday, I probably won't hear from Rosanna until tomorrow morning, I use her work email and I missed her today. Sorry!

sas

Okay, so Sunday at 6pm it will be!

Sas, I can still pick you up from a sky-train if you need me to. Or, you can take the skytrain to Main/Science-World, and then grab the #8, you end up missing most of the aimless wandering then and just go straight up Fraser from there.

--Dawn

You guys are amazing for setting this up, and also for including me too.

I am available for sure Sunday until 6:15pm. Some relatives form Germany are here and we are planning on a Sunday dinner.

I can bring edamame!

Which location has been chosen so far? I can go anywhere.

:group:

Okay. So to summarize:

Date: Sunday, Aug. 9
Time: 2:00PM
Place: Pipp's

Food items:
Pipp: tzatziki
Aurora: humous, potato salad
Faerin: salad

Anything else I missed? Spring's offering seems to be up in the air so I didn't want to post it all set-in-stone-like.

Seems like everyone's bringing appetizers - anyone bringing stuff that requires a BBQ?

Don't count me in just yet - but I am interested.

Yeah we are all going to bring our own meat/veggie stuff for BBQing. That way we all get what we want and one person doesn't have to pay a ton of money for meat since it's expensive.

I thought the location was my place? LOL... A little bit confusing...

Date: Sunday, Aug. 9
Time: 2:00PM
Place: Aurora369's, Fraser and 25th, PM for exact address

Food items:
Pipp: tzatziki
Aurora: humous, potato salad, deviled eggs
Faerin: salad
Spring: veggie platter
Everyone: meat or meat alternative for BBQ

Sas, if you still want to make potato salad, go ahead, I'm sure mine will be very different. Mine kinda like a greek salad potato salad, it's got sun dried tomatoes, olives, capers, feta cheese, cilantro, basil and olive oil. Not a very traditional potato salad, and I don't know if everyone will like it.

I'm also going to make some deviled eggs as we've got a flat of eggs here that need to be used up soon.

I'm picking up Spring in Surrey when I got out to get some cheap litter. I can do a pre-scheduled pick up at a sky-train station for those that are sky-training. I'm thinking Renfrew station is probably easiest (something close to Grandveiw hwy).

-Dawn

Latest posts

Back