Way O/T...won't be posting for a few days...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after a horrible week I need some normalcyin my life so I am back. My poor friend died after bleedinginternallybecause the surgeon nicked her aorta. What a wasteof a beautiful life all because a surgeon was in a hurry.

Her family is coping aswell as can be expectedandher two boys are spending some time with her parents as her husbandattempts to piece together a new life for him and his children.

I appreciate everyones kind words, they are truly appreciated in thisdark time. I also appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. I will tryto remain as up-beat as possible but I am still in a state of shock.

Thanks again,

Adrienne (Fergi's mom)

How does one nick the aorta when they are doing back surgery?

How awful for them all.

Did this surgeon not realize she was bleeding out, or was it just too much for them to stop the bleeding? Do you know?

It's horrible to hear of such a loss. She assumed she wasgoing in to get things fixed where she'd be better and she loses herlife.

I am so very shocked and saddened by this and I wish I could dosomething to help you at this most difficult time. For now, Ikeep you and her family in my prayers.

Thanks Bo B Bunny. I do not know all of thedetails but on first impression they thought she had died of apulmonary clot. Once the autopsy was completed it was found that shehad bled out slowly from the nick. At this time I am not sure of howthe aorta was nicked since it runs down the front of the back bone butthat was what they determined to be the cause of death. It is truly ahorrible tragedy and the family will be pursuing a lawsuit against thesurgeon.

It just isn't right. I do believe when I am better composed I willwrite a letter to this surgeon and tell him what a beautiful personDebbie was and how she had a beautiful family and so many close friendsthat were left shocked and devasted at this. I think it will betheraputic for me to do so.

Fergi's mom

I hope you do, Fergi! I almost feel I would liketo tell him what I think! How horrible that so many people have lostsuch a good person and she was so young :(

I truly feel for all of you.

Adrienne....I'm glad youre back. I know it'll take some time but maybe the familiar will help.

I'm still praying for your friend's family and you. I know this is atrying time made especiallyso by the fact that it was asenseless mistake.

Big hugs.

Lanna

Fergi wrote:
Wellafter a horrible week I need some normalcy in my life so I am back. Mypoor friend died after bleeding internallybecause the surgeonnicked her aorta. What a waste of a beautiful life all because asurgeon was in a hurry.

Thanks again,

Adrienne (Fergi's mom)

Adrienne,

You have been in my thoughts. The circumstances of thetragedy must make it so much difficult to bear. I can't evencomprehend what her family must be going through.

Pam

Latest posts

Back