Watery Lola

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annkierst1

Reaction score
Hello All

Lately lola has been urinating a lot. I mean a lot.First of all she eats like her mind is bad. Sheurinated so bad that the bottom of her cage is saturated and I havecarpet and well you know what happens when urine hits acarpet. I am just concerned and do not quite know what to doabout it. I mean Lola eats a lot. like every 5hours. And will eat between that if I gave hersomething. I could not believe it. One day I hadlola out of her cage and I decided to make myself a tuna onwheat. Well I sat it on the end table while I went to getsome thing to drink. Came back and Lola had my tuna fishsandwich on the floor and was eating it like it was carrots andveggies. I was shocked. This is not normal for abunny and I was thinking maybe shes half dog!!!!!!!!!!:D

Seriously, I need to advice as to when or what I could put in her waterso her urine will not be as strong. I really drives mecrazy. And she drinks all through the night. It'slike she won't sleep. And can I put somethin over her cage atnight to let her know it's time to go to sleep. You know likeyou do birds or something.

Hey I am desprite.

AnnKierst1

I personally put some vanilla inApollo's water bottle. It helps and it's also good at keeping fliesaway from him. I live in the South and I think Mosquitos &Flies are tied as state birds lol.

I've also heard that you can put some diluted, unsweetenedtea in the rabbits water to help cut down on the ammonia.

Apollo is the same way lol. He is up all night demandingattention, eating, drinking, and using the bathroom. Who needs an alarmclock right.

Tina

Thanks for you advice. It doeswork. I notice lola's urine is not as strong since I put theunsweetened tea in there. I however was a little worried thatshe would not drink it, but as usual, she gobbled it up. Inoticeed the urine deor. advertised. How does one purchaseit. It is very expensive in the pet stores where I live (Norfolk VA)

Annkierst

Latest posts

Back