Wanting to get a new bunny home!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCatCar

Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a 1 year old Lionhead rabbit! He isn't very big. Probably a couple pounds, and I feel like his cage is too small! It's a petsmart cage sitting on a desk in my garage. I'm really thinking about a hutch, but I'm not sure. I'm concerned about the wood getting soiled and whatnot. So if anyone has any great USA links to rabbit hutch websites or tips they would be greatly appreciated! :)

You might be interested in putting together a multi-level home using NIC panels. You can see some pictures pictured by members using search for NIC.

Since they're in the garage, an NIC cage I don't think would really work out too well. I'll check it out though.

If your bunny is litter box trained you dont need to worry about the wood getting ruined.

With NICs, you'd have to have an insulating layer on the floor, but you'd have to do this with the first hutch pictured as well. The 2nd looked a bit small & one of the reviewers mentioned using it with an xpen to give the rabbit enough room to exercise. NICs can be added to much easier than modifying a hutch. I have an indoor xpen myself, but assumed you couldn't do this in a garage.

If you need some more ideas, go to the housing & environment section of RO. The NIC cage tutorial gives verbal instructions & the your cages 2010 posts 4,7,8 give various possible arrangements. In case none of these places mention it, I heard it's a good idea to get plenty of zip ties or you might be in the middle of putting the cages together & run out of ties.

Besides NIC cages, you can also just build your own cage from scratch. Usually saves a faire amount and you can build it to the space.

Latest posts

Back